ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ARGB doesn't work on x570 Steel Legend Wifi ax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARGB doesn't work on x570 Steel Legend Wifi ax
    Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 10:32am
Board Model: x570 Steel Legend Wifi ax
BIOS Version: P5.01 (upgraded from 4.10 to see if it would fix the argb issues since it didn't say beta - the BIOS downloads page lists it as L5.01 but the BIOS itself says I'm on P5.01)
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600
RAM:TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Everything has worked well with my new PC since building it, except the onboard ARGB LEDs (on the I/O cover and M.2 heatsink) did not turn on. While still on BIOS 4.1, I first attempted to turn RGB on from the BIOS. While I turned it on in the system, no lights turned on. I then attempted to download the polychrome utility version 2.0.109. That version of polychrome would not work - I was getting the following error: "Driver cannot be loaded, re-install the program may fix the issue, if it happens again, report the problem with your system configuration as detail as possible."

I eventually downloaded the beta version 2.0.136 - that worked and I was able to open the program. The program identifies that the I/O cover and heatsink should have LEDs and I can modify the format and style but it makes no physical change to the actual lights.

I gave up and assumed that the LEDs simply didn't function so I bought an ARGB light bar. I plugged that into the ARGB header today and nothing happened so I'm assuming there is something wrong with my ARGB overall.

Because I needed to use the beta version of polychrome for that to function, I decided to flash L5.01 as I noted above; however, that made no impact on the ARGB.

Is there something I'm missing?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic