ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to fit a camera disc?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BrickBrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrickBrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to fit a camera disc?
    Posted: 20 May 2016 at 3:12pm
The plate on the bottom of the camera says; 
"PanasonicDMC-TZ55
CE560
Panasonic corporation
UQ4DA037071

On the caera front it has;
LUMIX DC VARIO 
1:3.3-6.4/4.3-86 ASPH
20X Full HD

If I remember correctly the distributor was so tight there was no cable with the camera.  My experience with using a cable with other cameras is that it's so slow adn I use a card reader with my cannon but the one I have does not accept the Lumix card and although it fitted into the front of the computer last time it wont this time.  
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by BrickBrian BrickBrian wrote:

I have an ASRock H67M-GE and my wife has a Lumix camera with a 4GB Sandisc which I can't fit into the Tower unit.  I can see that there are a number of slots of different sizes but can't work out which one is the right one and which way up the disc should be.  Is there a diagram I could see and if so where can I find it.  Many thanks.

You will need to be much more specific about that camera. Lumix is a Panasonic brand name for many different kinds of cameras.

If it is just a standard digital camera, are you trying to connect this camera to the PC to save the pictures? If so, that is normally done with a USB cable connected between the camera and PC.

Camera's like this include the USB cable, since they usually use a micro-USB connector on the camera. The cable then has a standard USB connector on the other end for connection to a PC.

Another possibility, if the camera does not have a USB output, is the camera has a memory card that can be removed and put into a card reader that is connected to the PC. That is what it seems you are trying to do.

Camera memory cards, currently the "SD" types are common, of any kind cannot be connected directly to a PC mother board. The interface on the memory card is not used by PC mother boards.

You must get a card reader that is compatible with the memory card you have. It might not be an SD card, you need to find out the type of memory card that camera uses.

I would check for a USB output before getting a memory card reader.

BrickBrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrickBrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 7:06am
I have an ASRock H67M-GE and my wife has a Lumix camera with a 4GB Sandisc which I can't fit into the Tower unit.  I can see that there are a number of slots of different sizes but can't work out which one is the right one and which way up the disc should be.  Is there a diagram I could see and if so where can I find it.  Many thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic