ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme4 can t wake up . . .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trtamrta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme4 can t wake up . . .
    Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 6:36pm
Hi !

Please help.My Z77 Extreme4 won t wake up from sleep , every time i need to press power button and pc restarting then . . .

Thanks for any help !

Ouch 

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 7:06pm
Could you provide us with your system specs and operating system information?

Without your system info I can only suggest you reset your CMOS and see if that helps Wink

Welcome to the forums.
trtamrta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trtamrta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 7:09pm
W 8.1
i3 - 2120
radeon r9 270
6 gb ram

i am a bit nob of mother board what is cmos ?

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 7:23pm
Ok so I will guide you through a more simple process first and see if that helps you Wink

When your PC first powers on you should be presented with the Asrock logo or a lot of text and numbers providing information about your system (depending on how your bios is set up). When this screen shows up press the F2 key to enter your BIOS. Next, click the exit icon at the top right of the screen. You should now be presented with a menu with the following options.

Save and Exit
Discard Changes and Exit
Discard Changes
Load UEFI defaults

Click Load UEFI defaults then click save and exit. 

Allow your PC to go into sleep mode again and see if it will wake this time. 

Personally I never use sleep or hibernate but if it is a feature you require for any reason I am happy to try and help you resolve the issue.

Oh and CMOS = Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor and is basically the memory where all your BIOS settings are stored. Clearing it is done by bridging 2 pins on the motherboard briefly or removing the motherboard battery with the power cord unplugged briefly to wipe that memory clean to allow the system to restore its default settings. What I just walked you through above is the software equivalent of this though sometimes it is not as effective as a hard clear.

Edited by Xaltar - 17 Jun 2015 at 7:27pm
trtamrta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trtamrta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 7:39pm
i click load UEFI then confirm yes and nothing happening and i will provide you 2 more information . . .

1. when i put pc to sleep it takes some times till he go to sleep maybe to long is till he shoot down to sleep

2. i think my son before couple week s press clr cmos button on the mother board and from then i think sleep wake are messed 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 8:03pm
Excellent, now we know where to start Smile

Ok from here things will get a little more complicated but I will try and keep my instructions simple and easy to follow.

We need to go into the BIOS again. 
Once in the BIOS click on the icon labeled "Advanced"
Click on "ACPI Configuration" in the menu that opens.
Set the following to enabled:
PS/2 Keyboard Power On
USB Keyboard/Remote Power On
USB Mouse Power On

Click the exit icon in the top right corner
Click on save and exit.

Boot up and see if you still have a problem. If so we will try something else.
trtamrta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trtamrta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 8:41pm
Try it but nothing helped Ouch

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 9:06pm
When the PC is in sleep mode are the keyboard lights still lit?

When trying to wake the PC did you try moving the mouse too?
trtamrta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trtamrta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

When the PC is in sleep mode are the keyboard lights still lit?

No , but when i putting pc to sleep it takes long time i think till he actually go to sleep mode , need to w8 couple min till he is slepp  

When trying to wake the PC did you try moving the mouse too?

Yes
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 9:29pm
Ok so something isn't right here, the numlock button on the keyboard should remain lit in sleep mode. So, the PC seems to be powering down when entering sleep mode. 

Now we need to check windows for any potential problems.

Right click the desktop and select Personalize from the drop down menu.
Click Screensaver
Click Change power settings
You should now have 2 power plans listed with one of them being active (it should have a black dot in the checkbox)
Click "change plan settings" for your active profile
Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings"
Expand the sleep tree by clicking the little + next to it.
Click the + sign next to "allow wake timers"
Make sure it is set to enabled
Also check to see if "Allow hybrid sleep" is enabled, if not, enable it.

If these settings are already enabled then I will need to think a bit about your problem and get back to you Wink

If they are not enabled then that may well be the problem.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic