ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please Help BIOS Screen doesn't even start anymore
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help BIOS Screen doesn't even start anymore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:28pm
I would back up your files before proceeding if at all possible. It may be worth pulling the TBT card and seeing if it is interfering with the drive too.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:32pm
would that be possible, that drive is just connected to one of the regular S_SATA ports? I actually am working on all the drives being formatted before I started this process so everything is backep up, but I do appreciate your concern :) I had no files to worry when I was doing all this, I couldn't imagine that!
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:34pm
do you know the chk dsk commands to run in windows to check this drive for bad sectors?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:37pm
I don't use chk dsk, I know the commands but windows deep checking can be very brutal and I am not a fan. I prefer to use either the tools that come with the SSD or HDtune for error checking.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:42pm
Maybe I can look up samsung's website then?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:48pm
Yeah, it's generally best to use the drive's own tools. It tends to be calibrated better.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:52pm
ok running a performance test on that drive now.. I can tell that it is not going very well already :) 
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:56pm
ok it is obvious it can't even start the test, i compared it with another drive next to it, also this drive (the poblematic one) has AHCI mode on, however other drives doesn't come up with that setting, I wonder something messed up this drive during that whole ordeal with instant flash bios / uefi back and forth?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:58pm
Try it on a different SATA port, better yet swap it onto a port where another drive is working correctly. Disconnect the other drives (except OS drive) while doing so.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 7:00pm
Xaltar my eyes are about to melt... I cant thank enough for staying on with me, but I think i need to go to sleep and hope for a better day tomorrow with this drive, I doubt the actual Sata hub on the motherboard would be messed up right? I am thinking about 2 things tomorrow, 
1-try the same drive with a different sata cable see if there is any change
2-try the same drive with a different power cable 
3-try a totally different drive in the same SATA hub to see the difference,
I can't think of anything else to do at this stage, what do you reckon?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
  Share Topic