ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please Help BIOS Screen doesn't even start anymore
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help BIOS Screen doesn't even start anymore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 12:59pm
The general rule for hardware is that if it is detected and showing no errors in OS then it is working. I do find it odd that it shows in BIOS without the cable connected. Is it possible the cable was connected backwards maybe?
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:03pm
hmm thats a good question, I am checking the each end of the cable I thought it didnt have any indication so assumed each side was the same
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:10pm
RIght now the cable is fully disconnected actually sitting next to my keyboard as i type this on my desk
yet just checked windows device manager again it is there on PCI BUS 7 it says in device manager (it is working properly) and System Browser it shows up like that Photo I attached, Intel PCI to PCI Bridge.
the cables ends they seem exactly the same to me, as I am looking at them real close there are some numbers and letters on each end but nothing in the manual says i need to differentiate
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:18pm
Looking at the header on the motherboard and the cable itself it seems it isn't possible to connect the cable upside down. I guess that means the polarity is correct. Are there any bent/broken pins where the cable connects?

thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:19pm
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:20pm
here is a close up photo i was able to take there is only one thing different on one corner it says 3 beneath an arrow, the other one has number 1 and then an arrow (I wrote them on photoshop for you to see) The cable looks pretty OK to me physically

Edited by thetoons - 29 May 2016 at 1:22pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:24pm
The cable is identical on both ends by the look of it. The markings on the connector don't matter if the wires are connected in symmetry. 

I did a bit of reading and it seems most people recommend using the legacy setting for the Thunderbolt option in the UEFI. Maybe try connecting the cable again and setting it to legacy and see what happens.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:31pm
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:33pm
That was a close up of the PCIE I pushed as hard as I could so I don't think there is sitting issue, I will try right now Legacy on that setting I also read something to do with CSM setting issue with some other motherboards, if that's either on it doesn't work with Thunderbolt card (it was another famous brand motherboard which was also x99) I will report back first by Only changing the thunderbolt setting to Legacy instead of Unique ID
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:41pm
no change. the cables are all plugged / system monitor now back to PCIE2 Empty / Windows 10 Device Manager Still Lists Thunderbolt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic