ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please Help BIOS Screen doesn't even start anymore
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help BIOS Screen doesn't even start anymore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:30pm
liquid cooler has light but motherboard has no light anymore!!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:30pm
Unplug the power and leave it to sit till all the LEDs go out then plug it back in.

And relax, being stressed will only lead to mistakes Wink There is nothing to worry about so far.

Edited by Xaltar - 28 May 2016 at 1:31pm
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:34pm
I know, I am just really angry myself that trying to enable a thunderbolt adapter has lead to all this!

I pressed cmos button and then started the power, now it is doing that thing again, on and off for 2 seconds intervals, it is been doing it for 2 minutes, Should I let it just go on? How long it would take, 
After how long should I ever worry? it is been almost 3 minutes now...
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:36pm
It shouldn't be taking that long. Have you made any other internal changes (connected or disconnected anything)?

It should power on, remain on for a few seconds then power off and back on then post.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:38pm
no it is still going it is been about 5 minutes now. I didn't make any other changes except taking off a thunderbolt card but that was a while back when I was trying to see if the board is going to re discover it, other than that from the time it was working properly and since that last instant flash, I didn't change anything internally except the cmos battery of course.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:42pm
OK, on your board next to the clear CMOS jumper (not the switch on the back panel) there is a jumper header called BIOS_sel or the like, turn the system off and remove power and set that to it's alternate position.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:45pm
ok hold on doing it now,
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:50pm
ok I moved the jumper to the alternate position, on that specific item. It is on the alternate position Now.

Do I wait? Do I do anything with CMOS Battery, or do I just plug things back on to power?

Edited by thetoons - 28 May 2016 at 1:51pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:51pm
Now connect the power and try to boot again.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:53pm
ok a screen shot coming up your way, something i have never seen came up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic