ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ARGB broke. ASRock Dynamic Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HashiramaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARGB broke. ASRock Dynamic Lighting
    Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 1:07am
Good afternoon.
I installed [Beta] ASRock Dynamic Lighting ver:20240105 and it worked. The ARGB fan was controlled through Windows personalization settings. After about 1 week, I saw that the ARGB fan was not lit. I tried uninstalling the ASRock Dynamic Lighting by running "UpdateFW" in folder "Restore_to_PreviousFW", but it gives an error ("Update Firmware -[ FAIL ]"). I tried reinstalling the program, but I got the same error.
After that, I went into the bios, and when I tried to open ASRock Polychrome RGB partition, I also got an error ("Unable to detect the firmware. please contact technical support"). Now ARGB doesn't work at all.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Z690 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4 Bios 18.01
13600kf
ID-COOLING IS-55 ARGB (with ARGB fan)
Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3007
gareebsag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gareebsag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 5:29pm
I had this happen to me yesterday after I updated the MCU firmware from ?œASRock Dynamic Lighting??and installed ?œASRock Polychrome RGB??

I saw on reddet someone that I followed their instructions and it solved my issue.

These steps are what I did exactly:

1- Uninstall Polychrome RGB
2- Remove the folder ?œASRRGBLED??from Program Files (x86)/ASRock Utility/
3- Turn off your computer
4- Unplug the power cord from the computer for a few minutes (let?™s say 5 to 10 minutes)
5- Plug it back and turn on your computer (I noticed my RGB light began to work)
6- Run ?œUpdateFW.bat??from ?œRestore_to_PreviousFW??

Everything is back to normal for me after these steps.
Hopefully this works for you.
HashiramaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HashiramaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 5:53pm
Polychrome RGB was not installed on my computer, but simply unplugging the cord for 5 minutes brought the bulbs back to life....

Thanks!
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 8:35pm
I had the same, I tried the windows controlled RGB, but since I didn't like it (no on/off setting!) I decided to flash back to normal. At first the onboard leds worked fine, but after a shutdown it stopped working at all. In the device manager was an 'unknown usb device', and attempt to reflash failed. Polychrome gave an 'unknown MCU' error. Bringing the pc into G3 state (powercord disconnected, press power button for 10sec to drain, waiting 30sec and then reconnect the cord) brought back the usb device, flashing was possible again and Polychrome worked again. The only issue was that in Polychrome red and green sliders where mixed up. That I could solve by using openRGB one time, after that I was back to normal. Felt like a lucky escape, thought I had bricked the led controller somehow.
fourinthemrng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourinthemrng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by gareebsag gareebsag wrote:

I had this happen to me yesterday after I updated the MCU firmware from ?�ASRock Dynamic Lighting??and installed ?�ASRock Polychrome RGB??

I saw on reddet someone that I followed their instructions and it solved my issue.

These steps are what I did exactly:

1- Uninstall Polychrome RGB
2- Remove the folder ?�ASRRGBLED??from Program Files (x86)/ASRock Utility/
3- Turn off your computer
4- Unplug the power cord from the computer for a few minutes (let?�s say 5 to 10 minutes)
5- Plug it back and turn on your computer (I noticed my RGB light began to work)
6- Run ?�UpdateFW.bat??from ?�Restore_to_PreviousFW??

Everything is back to normal for me after these steps.
Hopefully this works for you.

Hey, is it possible for you to host the files somewhere? I have the same issue, and I think AsRock have taken the files down, so I can't reinstall the firmware.
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by fourinthemrng fourinthemrng wrote:

Hey, is it possible for you to host the files somewhere? I have the same issue, and I think AsRock have taken the files down, so I can't reinstall the firmware.

I'm pretty sure using ASRock Polychrome RGB will also flash the controller with the firmware included in that download. As just by running it, it will execute WriteFW.bat. So it's probably your best bet to try that first.

I've also send you a PM.
ard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 4:33pm
Heya. There's another thread going about losing just the LEDs under the chipset heatsink on B650E PG Riptides that I reckon one of you could really help us with: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=26790&PID=107831

But first some stuff that might help here. MSDynamicLighting(v2024.0105) contains version 1.0.12.7 (December 20 2023) of ASRock's ISP tool, along with versions of the LED firmware dated January 05 2024 and May 04 2022, to roll back to if the beta goes badly.

Polychrome 2.0.161 only contains the previous version of asrisp, from December 2022. What is it with them and December releases? And the latest firmware in there, called APROM_MB_220504_7AF4_54.bin, is identical to the May 2022 firmware that MSDynamicLighting contains as a fallback.

None of this was any help to me, my chipset LEDs are still dark, but maybe it is help to this thread.

What might help us over in the other thread is a working configuration from you guys. Because I've got good firmware, but something is still knackered, and all that's left is the configuration. Could you run

asrisp.exe /I 0 /ID 0x26CE01A2 /INFO

..and post it here?

Mine says:

FW Version ............. 0x010009A2
FW Release ............. 0x20240105
FW Feature ............. 0x80000003
HW Version ............. 0x00000000
Device ID .............. 0x00012145
Flash Mode ............. APROM (0x20)
Config0 : Config1 ...... 0xF7FFFB7E : 0x00007800
ROM Data ............... LDROM[ OK ] APROM[ OK ]
BOOT     ............... LDROM

...and I reckon its those config words which are broken.

Thanks in advance.
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 6:40pm
I get exactly the same numbers, and mine is working.

=================================================================
              ASRock ISP Tool v1.0.12.7 Built: 20231220
        (C)2019 ASRock Incorporation. All Rights Reserved
=================================================================
WARNING! PLEASE DON'T STOP THIS PROGRAM DURING FIRMWARE UPDATING.

[ Configuration ]
Program Interface ...... USB

[ Chip - Current]
FW Version ............. 0x01000902
FW Release ............. 0x20220504
FW Feature ............. 0x80000003
HW Version ............. 0x00000000
Device ID .............. 0x00012145
Flash Mode ............. APROM (0x20)
Config0 : Config1 ...... 0xF7FFFB7E : 0x00007800
ROM Data ............... LDROM[ OK ] APROM[ OK ]
BOOT     ............... LDROM

Process Time                      [ 0,14 seconds ]
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 6:48pm
Seems i have the older firmware 20220504...
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 2:39am
using asrisp /? in the commandpromt(admin) I found some of the commands for the program:

Usage:
AsrISP.exe <command> [options]

Commands
------------------
   /UA <file>               Update APROM with specific file (.bin)
   /UL <file>               Update LDROM with specific file (.bin)
   /UD <file>               Update data flash with specific file (.bin)
   /UC <cfg0> <cfg1>        Update Config
   /BS <opt>                 Reboot
                             (Default 0 - Reset, 1 - LDROM, 2 - APROM)
   /E <all | aprom | data> Erase APROM and data flash
   /I <interface>           Interface
                             (Default 0 - USB, 1 - I2C, 2 - ADL_I2C_OEM, 3 - ADL_I2C_OEM3)
   /ID                      Specify an USB Device ID
   /INFO                     Display information
   /?                        Usage help

Example
------------------
Update APROM through USB
AsrISP.exe /UA APROM.bin

Update APROM through ADL_I2C
AsrISP.exe /UA APROM.bin /I 2

Update APROM and data flash
AsrISP.exe /UA APROM.bin /UD DATA.bin

Update config
AsrISP.exe /UC FFFFFF7F 000FFFFF

Erase all
AsrISP.exe /E

From looking at the UpdateFW.cmd and WriteFW.bat files I deduced this is not the full list of commands, there are some things in those files that are not listed by the previous output of the /? command.

/UPDATE MB, will automatically use ROM.bin
/CHKFWVER number number, seems to check firmware version and firmware release when combined with /UPDATE
/AUTO uses UpdateFW.ini that seems to be a long list of vgacards an motherboards with leds on them, and then sets a number of parameters. It's found with ASRRGBLED in the ASRISP folder of that program. Probably some sort of hardware detection to pick the right roms out.
/FORCE presumably forces the flash?

looking at the exe file in an editor there seem to be some more undocumented commands. it would be nice if we could get some more documentation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic