FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme4 - How to enable USB3.0 ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme4 - How to enable USB3.0 ?
    Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 10:03pm
Not a problem Wink

Good luck with your PC.
50cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 9:48pm
Oh man, that's a little embarrassing! I originally ordered the Asrock board, but I forgot I couldn't use it in the end and finished up with a Gigabyte.

Sorry for wasting your time!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 1:16pm
I think you are right Parsec, he is using a gigabyte Z77N-WIFI. 

A quick search and it seems there is only one BIOS update for his board:

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by 50cent 50cent wrote:

Hi,
I have a Z77N-WIFI motherboard and the rear USB ports appear to be registered only as USB 2.0.

I downloaded and installed the USB 3.0 drivers from the AsRock site, but still they seem to be set to USB 2.0.

I can not see an setting in BIOS to enable USB 3.0.

How do I get USB 3.0 to work? (the USB 3.0 header does work, but the ports at the back of the mobo are only USB 2.0).

I'm using Win 7 64bit and the BIOS version is: F2 (08/23/2012).

Also, I just tried updating the BIOS, version 2.9 from this link: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

...but it said the BIOS software was incorrect!

Can anyone help?
Thanks

The title of your thread (Z77 Extreme4 - How to enable USB3.0 ?) is about the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mother board. But the first sentence of your post is about a Z77N-WIFI board that is made by Gigabyte.

I can also tell you are using a Gigabyte board by the BIOS version number, F2, which is a format that ASRock does not use, but Gigabyte does.

I would certainly expect the BIOS of the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 to be rejected by that board.

Can you explain this confusion, or extreme typos? Confused
50cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 12:42am
Hi,
I have a Z77N-WIFI motherboard and the rear USB ports appear to be registered only as USB 2.0.

I downloaded and installed the USB 3.0 drivers from the AsRock site, but still they seem to be set to USB 2.0.

I can not see an setting in BIOS to enable USB 3.0.

How do I get USB 3.0 to work? (the USB 3.0 header does work, but the ports at the back of the mobo are only USB 2.0).

I'm using Win 7 64bit and the BIOS version is: F2 (08/23/2012).

Also, I just tried updating the BIOS, version 2.9 from this link: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

...but it said the BIOS software was incorrect!

Can anyone help?
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic