ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Date keeps changing - ASRock H110M-HDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:12am
Apparently the latest BIOS for 'R3.0' sub-version is 7.10 and no newer/beta for this... 
Kurttb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurttb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 10:49am
http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H110M-DGS%20R3.0/index.us.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=H110M-DGS%20R3.0
The Above page looks like the correct one for your MB

Did you go from 1.10 to 7.10 directly or did you update to 1.20 then to 7.10

I do not know if it makes a difference but it looks like the 1.20 update fixes a few more things,  not sure how it works but if 7.10 doesn't include all these fixes you might have missed some updated items.  Normally I would think the latest bios update includes ALL previous fixes but who knows? I'm somewhat sure your bios can be reverted to previous ones then try the update again.   If the flash says the update is not for your MB then that is the way ASRock protects you from installing the wrong bios.   Also some updates come with their own update program and do not use the ASR Apps.  The updates are put on a fat32?  USB stick and Unzipped.

Also you might double check your Time Zone.

If all else fails and perhaps at the absolute last result.. There are some Clock/Sync programs which update your time and date automatically.  Some can be set to sync updates to your computers clock/date every few minutes to make sure your date and time are correct. 
  I used one of these for awhile until I found an updated bios fixed it, had it sync every 5 minutes so the most off sync time I had was less than 5 minutes.

Check this out.
1. Dimension 4

Dimension 4 is probably the most popular time correction software for computers running Windows operating system. It is free for personal use but commercial users will require to purchase a license at $10 each. What we like about Dimension 4 is it comes with a huge list of time servers, able to load the program at Windows startup through services, run a time sync once and then automatically exiting the program. Apart from that, if the time server fails, it can automatically retry the next time server until it gets a working time sync.

Read More: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/auto-sync-pc-clock-on-windows-startup/

ALSO,   YOU might find a "service"  which is (a secondary cause) for the problem.  click start > run > then type msconfig then click the services tab.  Down at the lower left you will see a box with Hide all Windows/MS services  check that box.  Now all the services you have listed are extras from other programs.   Uncheck the first half of the services hit apply and reboot then check to see if these services are still off if not uncheck them again and hit apply.  Allow your computer to run and wait for a date change, if no date change then one of the unchecked services is causing the date change,  you can then recheck 1/2 of the those and run the computer ete etc to basically eliminate the good services from the one which is causing the date change.   I did this and found that Acronis had a service running which scheduled it's back-ups and when I unchecked this service the date stayed correct,  this was only a temporary fix,  eventually I found out how up update a bios.

Please search the internet for more specific info about using MSconfig I may have missed something since I am going from memory not absolutes.

Be the best you should be!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic