ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Screen after installing AMD APU Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeldascorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Screen after installing AMD APU Drivers
    Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 5:06am
Hi Guys! i hope you could help me out here.

I have built a system for my Uncle with an AMD A10-7860k and an Asrock FM2A68M-HD+. Everything works, posts and windows 10 is installed.

After installing the APU drivers, the screen turns black and isn't responsive. I've tried waiting for 10 minutes but still no reaction from the PC. A restart would bring the PC back.

After reading compatibility on the motherboard to the APU, which is clearly stated on the Product website that they are compatible, HERE after updating the BIOS to P2.00, which I did.

I've tried installing official AMD APU drivers from the AMD website, and through Windows update as well, but still no luck, the problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 2:19pm
What OS ?

Link to the driver you downloaded and installed?

Don't use Windows Update for any hardware drivers. It's messy, to say the least.

Try clearing, not resetting, the MBs BIOS.
zeldascorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeldascorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 1:43am
running Windows 10 x64.

This one:

http://support.amd.com/de-de/download/apu?os=Windows+10+-+64

TIA
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 6:44pm
1. Run DDU and uninstall any and all APU drivers.

2. Here, assuming it runs on 10's in-the-box generic graphics drivers, run Windows Update two or three times till it offers no more available updates.

3. Shut down, then clear, not reset, the BIOS, boot to the OS and retry installing the FULL 305MB drivers you linked.

Keep me posted.

Edited by wardog - 14 Jul 2016 at 6:46pm
bdaniel7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdaniel7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:12am
Same problem here.
With FM2A88X Extreme6+ and a A10-7800 3.5GHz CPU, with BIOS version F288E6P420, using Windows 7 x64.
Tried to install the latest video drivers from AMD and after reboot, the screen turns black and isn't responsive.
Booted into Safe Mode, unistalled the new drivers, tried to install the 14.12 version, which was available when I purchased the board, but no luck whatsoever. Ran DDU multiple times to cleanup, rebooted, repeated the install.
Windows would only boot using its Standard VGA Drivers.

But I can't use the second monitor, the Sleep function doesn't work, can't use subtitles with Media player.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 3:46am
Originally posted by bdaniel7 bdaniel7 wrote:

Same problem here.
With FM2A88X Extreme6+ and a A10-7800 3.5GHz CPU, with BIOS version F288E6P420, using Windows 7 x64.
Tried to install the latest video drivers from AMD and after reboot, the screen turns black and isn't responsive.
Booted into Safe Mode, unistalled the new drivers, tried to install the 14.12 version, which was available when I purchased the board, but no luck whatsoever. Ran DDU multiple times to cleanup, rebooted, repeated the install.
Windows would only boot using its Standard VGA Drivers.

But I can't use the second monitor, the Sleep function doesn't work, can't use subtitles with Media player.

The latest APU for the A10-7800 is "AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Display Driver version 16.40.2311"

Also, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 MUST be installed prior.

Current and specific APU drivers for the A10-7800 and Windows 7 x64 SP-1

How to Install AMD APU drivers

How to Uninstall AMD APU drivers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic