ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 extreme4 dr.debug 04

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
HappyMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 extreme4 dr.debug 04
    Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 3:29am
i'm drop down BCLK a little (to 163) and replace ram module to A2 and B2 slots.
Look like i get stable system.
set ram timings to 14.14.14.33 with 1.31V
all on screen
http://imgur.com/a/1sQtL
2hour prime 95 - pass
20loop LinX - pass
no 04 code freeze
Maby need correcting somethings for get more CPU freq ?

anyway the main point is (like parsec said)- "The memory controller is part of your Skylake CPU. If an over clock fails because of too little voltage, any number of things can go wrong in the CPU, including a memory problem"

Any manipulation with memory freq and timings don't resolve 04 freezes for me.  Only Vcore voltage.

Edited by HappyMan - 14 Aug 2016 at 3:59am
HappyMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 1:30am
Chieftec A-80 CTG-750C
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 12:52am
Originally posted by HappyMan HappyMan wrote:

bclk value is 166.7500 x 27 mult. 

That is what I thought, it makes sense now. You did say you were BCLK over clocking in your first post, so sorry for the question. I also see that now in your DRAM Configuration screen shots.

It's a great accomplishment to reach your OC with a BCLK over clock on the CPU, you should be happy with that. But using that BCLK can also affect memory stability.

Please understand that a memory OC, just like a CPU OC, is not guaranteed to work. It depends on how good the memory controller (IMC) is, which is part of the CPU. The maximum speed of your memory is an OC, and Intel only guarantees a memory speed of 2133 for Skylake processors.

I see that you are using the A1 and B1 memory slots. At least that's what I see in your Timing Configurator and AIDA64 screen shots. Your memory is single sided (SS), 4GB DIMMs, which should be used in the A2 and B2 memory slots. Those are the best memory slots to use for the two SS DIMMs that you are using. That is shown in your board's manual, and all ASRock Z170 board manuals.

I highly suggest that you move your memory to the A2 and B2 slots, if it is not there now. Before you do that, save your UEFI/BIOS settings in a profile (I'm sure you do this now, just saying.) When you move the memory to the A2 and B2 slots, clear the CMOS/UEFI with the jumper on the board, or the clr CMOS button on the board's IO panel. That is the best procedure any time you change the memory to different slots.

Using the Command Rate (CR) of 1T is not easy with high speed DDR4 memory. Please try using 2T for a while, and see if you still get the 04 POST code when you start the PC.

I doubt that the XMP profile is doing anything for you, since you are using a BCLK OC. You can set many of the main XMP setting using the DRAM Tweaker feature in DRAM Configuration. I've had worse results using the XMP profile than setting the memory options manually, and using DRAM Tweaker.

What are the VCCSA and VCCIO voltages you have now, shown in the OC Tweaker, Voltage Configuration screen? Adjusting VCCSA can help the most with high speed DDR4 memory.

You may also need to set the DRAM voltage above 1.35V, but my ASRock Z170 board sets the DRAM Voltage a little higher than the DRAM Voltage option setting. What do you see as the DRAM voltage in the H/W Monitoring screen? That should also show the VCCSA and VCCIO voltages.

Your Chieftec PSU seems to be a multiple 12V rail PSU, which means you need to be careful balancing the load on the different rails. There are many Chieftec 750W PSUs, so we don't know which one you really have. Is it this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817202008
HappyMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 11:25pm
bclk value is 166.7500 x 27 mult. 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 10:10pm

But CPU pass 2hour prime95 4.5Ghz on 1.27v (if i luck to run without freezes 04). And can freeze with 04 code only at start. And i must set 1.36 just for no freezes PC start. Maby exist a way to increase the voltage only on startup.

wardog, 19.15.15.36 (rc1) timings don't give resulth (

SPU - CHIEFTEC 750w (2 years in use). I don't understand about which wall do you write? :) SPU connected to M/B with 24pin and 8pin connectors.
M/B - Asrock z170 extreme 4 (2 month in use)
CPU - i5 6400 (2month in use)
RAM - 2x4gb model writed already (2month in use)
SSD - intel 330 series 120gb (2year in use)
HDD - 2x500gb toshiba DT01ACA050 (2year in use)
CPU_coller - DeepCool lucifer v2 (2 month in use)
GPU - GA HD 7950 (3 years in use)

Is this right? You have a 4.5GHz over clock on an i5-6400 CPU? That is this processor:

http://ark.intel.com/products/88185/Intel-Core-i5-6400-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz

That is not an Intel 'K' processor, so any over clock must be done with a BCLK over clock. That is fine if it is true... for the CPU. But for memory, which can also be used at a different BCLK, any random BCLK value might not work.

How are you over clocking an i5-6400 processor to 4.5GHz? What BCLK are you using, and what core multipliers?

HappyMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 9:02pm
 multiple
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 7:15pm

I don't understand about which wall do you write?

Whether it's plugged directly into the electrical wall outlet, or if it's plugged into a multiple outlet power strip.

HappyMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 6:32pm
SPU - CHIEFTEC 750w (2 years in use). I don't understand about which wall do you write? :) SPU connected to M/B with 24pin and 8pin connectors.
M/B - Asrock z170 extreme 4 (2 month in use)
CPU - i5 6400 (2month in use)
RAM - 2x4gb model writed already (2month in use)
SSD - intel 330 series 120gb (2year in use)
HDD - 2x500gb toshiba DT01ACA050 (2year in use)
CPU_coller - DeepCool lucifer v2 (2 month in use)
GPU - GA HD 7950 (3 years in use)

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 10:47am
Too, let's try taking them off XMP and manually setting them at their 3200 SPD timings, for starters.

tCL - 16
tRCP - 16
tRP - 16
tRAS - 36
tRC -52
CR - 1 (and if there's issues, change CR to 2 and retry)
DRAM Voltage - 1.35v

With the above timings made manually, if the sticks are in slots A2 + B2, try shuffling them into A1 + B1 and reply back the results.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 2:43am
Happy, please list out the hardware of your box by make and model, and please include the PSUs age and if the PSU is plugged directly into the wall or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic