ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Use VGA Video Card?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrogard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Use VGA Video Card?
    Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:17am
I'm building this computer using an Asrock H110-DGS and it only has a DVI video out and I don't have a DVI monitor.

Well, I do, just one. But I took it over there with an old DVI cable I found (it is DVI and AVG, this monitor) and it didn't work.

I don't know if that's because the cable is bad, or the monitor is analog and using DVI-A, or the Asrock board has something wrong.

I found a VGA PCIe card in my gear.

Can I just stick that in and expect it to work, no special jumpers or anything to do?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 6:58am
The monitors Make and Model would maybe go a long way in helping here.

Also, a description of the DVI cable you have.
abrogard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrogard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:55am
It was a bad DVI cable. Got a new one today and tried it and all's good.

FWIW the monitor is an Acer AL1916W.  Lovely little thing.   Did you get three pc's stolen?  What an amazing bummer.  I feel for you,  I got a welder stolen a little way back and the sick angry feeling still lingers..  and that's only a welder..  no data...  no nothing...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by abrogard abrogard wrote:

Did you get three pc's stolen?

Yes I did. That was just the assembled ones too. In moving from Michigan to Arizona. Some low-life basta*d popped the lock on my trailer and helped themselves to roughly half the trailer.

No data was lost thankfully. The boxes containing my drives(yes, I removed them from their cases for transport) were luckily farther forward in the trailer. Still, a big loss.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic