ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Integrated AMD Radeon??R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Integrated AMD Radeon??R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
asrocka58vg3r2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asrocka58vg3r2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Integrated AMD Radeon??R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-
    Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 6:43am
ok thanks for the explanation.Smile
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 11:43pm
The answer to that question is fairly complicated and depends on a number of factors.

In this instance it is more about pairing your hardware with equally performing components, IE. GPU + CPU. An A8 6/7K is a fairly weak quad core CPU so you would not want to pair it with say a GTX 960/R7 370 or above. Any slower GPU than those will be fine as they will be supplied with data by your CPU at the rate they demand. 

When the GPU is significantly more powerful than the system can handle it ends up being starved for data. The result is high CPU usage and low GPU usage, if it is the other way around the reverse is true. The ideal is to have both CPU and GPU both running at or near 80% in any given game. If both are running higher than 90% in a game then lowering settings will likely produce smoother gameplay. This is only a rule of thumb however and many games will spike even the best hardware to 100% usage on one or both CPU/GPU at times due to poor optimization etc.

If you want to know more than this take a look at the subject via google. I would search "PC Bottleneck information".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asrocka58vg3r2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 7:35pm
What do you mean about the gpu running out of horsepower? will it degrade performance first before the a8 and bottlenecks the system? and pls tell me how to determine if something is bottlenecking my pc
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 8:54pm
Thanks PetrolHead for the additional info . I just realized I should have said: 

"For a decent gamer on a budget using as much of your current system as possible".

With that hardware config there shouldn't be any bottlenecks as the GPU will run out of horsepower before the A8 starts bottlenecking the system. It comes down to quality settings and resolution being tailored to the hardware. The goal should always be an enjoyable playing experience so better to have a game set to 720p medium settings at 45 - 50fps than to have it set to 1080p low at 25 - 30 for example.

If you should choose to upgrade your system at a later date (and have the budget for it) then you would do well to wait for AMD's Zen lineup to be launched. Regardless of which CPU you would go with, intel or AMD, the launch of Zen will hopefully present competition for intel and force intel's mid range pricing to be more competitive.

If you are not looking to replace everything then the info I provided above should do you well. You may even consider going for an Athlon x4 860, it is a faster CPU than the A8 and costs about the same. You can only do this if you purchase a discrete GPU however as the Athlon FM2+ CPUs do not have built in graphics. That wouldn't be a problem with the GTX 750/Ti.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asrocka58vg3r2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 4:39pm
Ok, thak you for the information Ill keep that in mind.
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 3:59pm
Two things should be pointed out:

1. AMD APUs have the same issue as the FX-series, which is that the cores are "marketing cores". The amount of "real" cores depends on the application. In some applications you in practice need to divide the number of cores by two due to there being only one floating point unit in each "two core" module; in others the CPU functions like a four core CPU would.

2. The amount of cores is not the only factor. You also need to consider how fast each core is. The single threaded performance of AMD CPUs (APU or not) is way behind modern Intel CPUs and in applications where the software can't take advantage of more than two threads a simple i3 will likely wipe the floor with any A8 APU.

Not that the A8 CPUs are useless, but you should not think of a CPU just in terms of cores, since it means different things in Intel and AMD CPUs and it's only part of the story.

In any case, it all comes down to what you're playing and what sort of performance you'll expect. Modern AAA titles are not really designed to be played on budget systems, but lowering the resolution and detail settings should make them playable just like Xaltar said. MOBAs and possibly older AAA titles should not be a problem for your system.
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asrocka58vg3r2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 7:49am
Ok  thanks. You have answered all my possible questions for now. I hope you will help me again in the future. Thank you and a have a good day.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 1:31am
4 cores should is fine. Everyone always goes on about minimum this and essential that but at the end of they day if all you are looking to do is play AAA titles at decent frame rates with acceptable quality levels you don't need anywhere near the specs most forums will try and tell you.

For a decent gamer on a budget I would recommend the following:

4 Core CPU (A8 is fine in your case though I would try and get an A8 7k series)
GTX 750/750Ti with 2gb of memory
8GB of RAM

This should allow you to play most AAA titles at decent FPS @720p (even 1080p in some titles) with a mix of low/medium and sometimes even high quality settings. You will have to tweak your visual settings for optimum quality vs FPS but most games today actually look pretty decent even with lower settings.  Google search the combination of APU and GPU you plan to get and take a look at youtube videos of gameplay with the combo. 

The parts I listed above will be night and day compared to the APU you are using now Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asrocka58vg3r2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:23am
Well, i really want to play those AAA titles but they cost much. Ill just gonna focus on my hardware for now and try some later. Is a8 good enough for gaming? Cos they have 4 cores. How much cpu cores do I need for a good gaming experience? Youve been helping me a lot, i really appreciate your effort answering my questions. Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asrocka58vg3r2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:20am
Well, i really want to play those AAA titles but they cost much. Ill just gonna focus on my hardware for now and try some later. Is a8 good enough for gaming? Cos they have 4 cores. How much cpu cores do I need for a good gaming experience? Youve been helping me a lot, i really appreciate your effort answering my questions. ThanksBig smileBig smileBig smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic