ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock H170 Pro4/Hyper problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nichixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nichixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 4:04am
Thank you.

I will do this tomorrow after work and will report the results.
The test will be done with a Celeron G3900, since that is the CPU available to me.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 11:29pm
Lets start with some troubleshooting here:

1. Make sure you have the power cables connected correctly, especially the 8pin CPU power cable. Make sure it is not a PCIe 8pin power cable.

2. Remove the CPU and check for bent pins in the socket and that the CPU was installed in the correct orientation.

3. Clear CMOS via the jumper being sure to follow the instructions in the user manual.

4. Try setting your BIOS to BIOS B via the BIOS select jumper.

If the chipset is heating up (and I assume you mean very hot) then there is some kind of short somewhere or the power is not correctly connected. Make sure the clear CMOS jumper is not set in the clear position. If none of the above steps help then post back here.
Nichixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nichixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 11:22pm
Hello to everyone,

this will be a long post, so thank you to anyone that does reply and/or tries to help me to resolve the situation.
About 3 weeks ago I have bought the motherboard H170 Pro4/Hyper second hand. Since it looked alright, nothing was damaged, everything was packaged in to the last papered instruction and even the SATA cables, the board looked fine.

Of course something went wrong, mainly, the board isn't working as intended, or precisely at all. As I power on the board, nothing happens, it is dead. No beep, bleep, or anything. It was tested with a i7 6700k, kingston ram and corsair CS power supply at friends test bench who works in a IT firm. He deduced that chipset is probably dead since the heatsink heats up quite rapidly.

I, of course did reach out to technical support, but could not follow up their advice, as I do not have a lot processors or components that I can swap to test if something else is wrong, nor can I give it to various people to test it for me.

Motherboard was bought in Australia and since that's nowhere near me, I cannot reach, nor find the original store that it was bought from and I cannot give it to local retailers since it was not imported from them. I do, however, and it was evidenced through my mail with the technical support, provide serial number, part number, picture proof and bios version that I do own that particular product.

My questions are: Can someone shed more light on what is wrong with the motherboard? Can this be repaired by ASRock? I am willing to pay if that's the only way, since this motherboard cannot be obtained locally and I specifically wanted it.

I do not want by any mean to sound entitled to anything, but I do think, although am not sure, that this particular piece of hardware is under warranty. If it cannot be replaced/RMA'd, I can cover the expense of sending it and paying for the repair.

Thanks to anyone that can answer to at least a portion of my questions and apologies, english is not my native language.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic