ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X99E-ITX/ac 64GB Ram

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O_and_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 5:53pm
And i just replyed to the mail i got from Asrock in regard the strange 3ghz 128gb and do they managed to boot to windows.Will get back when i have a answer.

Breathless 19.Since you will be getting a xeon before me,coud you please share info if when gaming(or maybe even rendering)do the cores turbo boost and stay to something more than the base speed?
DIY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DIY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 7:39pm
I'm sorry - embed a image is not working for me ;-(

Please take a look at:

https://imgur.com/a/IMuk8

The 2x32 GB memory sticks are running at DDR4-2133

Edited by DIY - 30 Sep 2016 at 6:54pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:00am
Originally posted by DIY DIY wrote:

Please take a look at:

Dayum! That means .......

edit DIY I gave you a Thanks

Edited by wardog - 28 Sep 2016 at 1:01am
breathless19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breathless19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:38am
Originally posted by DIY DIY wrote:

Please take a look at:

Monkey nuts.... so I'm not going to be the first one to do it :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breathless19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:39am
Originally posted by O_and_N O_and_N wrote:

And i just replyed to the mail i got from Asrock in regard the strange 3ghz 128gb and do they managed to boot to windows.Will get back when i have a answer.

Breathless 19.Since you will be getting a xeon before me,coud you please share info if when gaming(or maybe even rendering)do the cores turbo boost and stay to something more than the base speed?

Will do, I'll update when I'm all set up
DIY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 3:44am
Yes, it works.

#1)
Activate 'ALL CORE TURBO'in Bios

or

#2)
Install the ASRock tuning utility and change the CPU clock ratio.

My XEON works fine without any special voltage tweaks till 4Ghz, but i'm only using the all core turbo.
(Note: XEON E5-1650 V3 is a regular BOX-Version - not an ES)

Take a look at
https://imgur.com/a/Nmr3Q

Edited by DIY - 12 Oct 2016 at 6:40pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 6:03am
Originally posted by breathless19 breathless19 wrote:

Monkey nuts.... so I'm not going to be the first one to do it :)

Hey man. Snooze, you loose TongueLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breathless19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:18pm
Small update... 

So, I purchased the two 32GB Crucial Sticks from this seller on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262573839048?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Interestingly, they appear to be a legit "memory module assembler", whatever that means. I didn't know that what I would be receiving when ordering two modules was a matched kit. I didn't know that these sticks were sold as a kit at all, but apparently they are, and here it is: 

So, not only has everything worked flawlessly so far, but they also appear to be very stable at 2400MHZ no problem. I didn't adjust any memory timings, I just selected the 2400 option in the bios and let it choose what it wanted: 

To answer a question asked here, yes, my CPU does turbo up and down without issue. 

Edited by breathless19 - 07 Oct 2016 at 1:25pm
O_and_N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O_and_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 4:58am
Cheers on the ram!So for example when gaming or rendering the cores on that E5-2683 v4 go to something close to 3ghz automatically?
Was afraid to see a bottleneck of a fancy gpu due to low cpu ghz.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breathless19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by O_and_N O_and_N wrote:

Cheers on the ram!So for example when gaming or rendering the cores on that E5-2683 v4 go to something close to 3ghz automatically?
Was afraid to see a bottleneck of a fancy gpu due to low cpu ghz.

Mine goes to 2.5GHZ at max. I won't know how well my GTX 970 performs with this until I get it back from RMA, but I'll be sure to do some tests to see if the CPU is a bottleneck for it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic