ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

XMP issue I think

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 2:19am
well than at this point I'll probably let this issue drop. We simply wasted some money buying faster DDR4 ram but no big deal. Thank you to everyone for the help!
GripS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GripS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 5:25am
I had the same issue you are having except I am running a Z170 Gaming K6. I had to manually set VCCIO and VCSSA manually to 1.10 and 1.15 respectively in order to run XMP 3200mhz. This combined with running a specific BIOS (version 2.10). Any other BIOS with the EXACT same settings results in instability. With that being said, if you are running the latest BIOS, try flashing back to an older one. I did this myself after finding that the latest BIOS for my board couldn't handle XMP 3200. 

If nothing seems to work then I would consider RMA'ing the board. I highly doubt the CPU's IMC is the issue. Especially for a 'K' series chip, which is designed for overclocking. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic