ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PWM_CFG1 header on Asrock Z170M Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadNaim93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PWM_CFG1 header on Asrock Z170M Pro4
    Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:18pm
Hi, what does the header do? Im currently using 240mm radiator and out of fan header on motherboard. Im trying to avoid connecting fan/pump directly to psu. What does the mentioned header do? The motherboard manual doesnt mention anything about the header.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:55am
Originally posted by AhmadNaim93 AhmadNaim93 wrote:

Hi, what does the header do? Im currently using 240mm radiator and out of fan header on motherboard. Im trying to avoid connecting fan/pump directly to psu. What does the mentioned header do? The motherboard manual doesnt mention anything about the header.

That is a good question, what is the PWM_CFG1 header on the Z170M Pro4 board. I can't find it in the manual either.

All I can tell you at this point is the H/W Monitoring screen in the UEFI has a CPU_FAN 2 configuration option, and the general Fan-Tastic Tuning fan header configuration feature. My best guess is the PWM_CFG1 header is actually the CPU_FAN 2 header.

You should be able to configure that fan header independently in the H/W Monitoring screen, and use it for a fan or pump, as long as the pump's current/power draw is below 1 Amp, or 12Watts at 12V.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:15am
PWM_CFG1 is NOT a fan header. Forget it's even there.

That "port' is what the factory uses to program each boards PWM settings. As most boards use the same controller it is easier for them to program each board while it's in the production line rather than to have individual bins of this and that boards specifically programmed controllers.
AhmadNaim93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadNaim93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:25pm
@parsec, CPU_FAN2 doesnt listed on my UEFI.

@wardog, thanks for the clarification.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by AhmadNaim93 AhmadNaim93 wrote:

@parsec, CPU_FAN2 doesnt listed on my UEFI.

@wardog, thanks for the clarification.

Well, that confirms it. Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic