ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z97M Anniversity OC limit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TAMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 3:20am
So my problem isn't bsod or random restarts, its that the cpu frequency returns to stock after awhile under prime95 loads, then when I stop prime95, it returns to oc frequency again. To me it seems like some current limit or something kicks in.. The higher I have vcore and frequency, the faster this happens.  I have the long duration limit set to 1000, which is max.

Rest of my setup is:

-i5 4670k (loads around at 70c when oc'd, watercooled)
-Coolermaster v1000w, under a year old.
-16gb crucial sport vlp 1600mhz
-msi gtx 1060 6gb

Edited by TAMW - 13 Nov 2016 at 4:47am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Limits? There are no limits set on the board or in/by the BIOS !

If P95 kicks it out to a reboot or freezes with a BSOD, then the system/OC isn't stable.

Go ahead and list out the parts used in your computer. Include the make and model of the PSU. And the PSUs age too.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 10:26pm
Limits? There are no limits set on the board or in/by the BIOS !

If P95 kicks it out to a reboot or freezes with a BSOD, then the system/OC isn't stable.
TAMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 7:59pm
I have a z97m anniversity and a i5 4670k on watercooling. The cpu oc's ok, but returns to stock after a while under prime95 etc do to some current limitation in the bios im guessing. I have turned off everything there is to turn off in the bios regarding limitations and power saving, but still this happens.

What am I missing?

Im running the latest bios p2.10.

I have thermal glued heatsink on the VRMs, and they are nice and cool.

Can you (asrock) or some handyman provide me a bios where the limits are totally disabled? I have voided the warranty anyway with gluing the sinks on, I just want som badass speeds on my 4670k ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic