ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved)J4205-ITX HDMI output

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 3:09pm
Same Problem here. No signal with HDMI and Samsung 4K TV. Confused
Stefan75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 3:47pm
It's worth a try to update your LSPCON firmware to 1.61... (my J3455-ITX had 1.56)
You can get it here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z170%20Gaming-ITXac/?cat=Download&os=All

I had to change (add //) the config.ini file so that it can detect the address of the chip:
//DeviceID=0x0f

Warning, when flashing my screen went all green, but came back after 10-20 seconds.

Then shutdown windows and power on again.

Edited by Stefan75 - 26 Feb 2017 at 8:13pm
buju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by vincenth vincenth wrote:

I recently bought a J4205 ITX that I use connected to a 4K samsung TV with the HDMI output. 
In order to make it work I have to :
1- disconnect the HDMI cable from the motherboard
2- boot the computer - I wait enough to be sure that that windows 10 is at the login screen
3- start the TV
4- connect the HDMI cable.
Then everything works perfectly.
However, if I restart the computer, then no more HDMI signal.
The same occur if the TV is stopped for too long.
The only work around is to shutdown the computer (I hold the power button 3 to 5 sec), disconnect the cable and proceed as explain above.
I took the decision to return the card bought on amazon and hope that it is just a problem with this card.
But, I have actually some doubt as everything works wonderful when the HDMI is well detected.
By the way, I tried with 2 different HDMI cable 
In the meantime I put back my old ASUS A3-ionT deluxe that doesn't this issue.

If you have any idea how to fix this ?
Is it a well known issue ? Is a fix in preparation ?
Should I consider another card to get the 4K decoding ?
Thank you for your feedback.
Vincent

this is exactly the only way it works for me (and this is not realy an acceptable workaround)......two month later and no fix...are you working on it @asrock?
buju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 4:48pm
yes, I did. The only workaround is to plug the TV after booting win10. like in the first post in this topic two month ago....are you working on it asrock?
Stefan75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 4:23pm
So, from your posts.. here's the list of the trouble maker Samsung TVs
- UE55K6000 
- UE46ES5500
- 46F7000 (1080p)

I also had no picture when I connected a UE43KU6070 (europe) recently.

But I was very successful with a UE48JU7580.
After enabling 'HDMI UHD Color' and changing the HDMI input type to 'PC' I got UHD 60Hz 4:4:4 :)

My guess is that Samsung has HDMI issues with some series of their TVs!
Had no such problems with LG, Panasonic or Philips...

http://cellarcinema.info
backslash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backslash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:25pm
This update is needed to fix the issues with the Samsung TVs. I had the the same issue and the update fixed it for me:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26609/NUCs--HDMI-2-0-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6CAY-NUC7i3BN?product=70407

The NUCs have the same DisplayPort to HDMI converter as the J4205 and therefore the firmware upgrade works also with the J4205.

backslash

MediaCenterWorld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MediaCenterWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 1:33pm
A new Firmware update to solve this problem is on the way Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MediaCenterWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:25pm
Oke, there is a new Bios Firmware 1.3 witch solve this issue:

It should also be possible to update the Bios through instant Flash within the Bios itself

If you have problems because you do not see the Bios while starting up with a connected HDMI connection then you must connecting with a VGA screen to do this procedure.

Stefan75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 1:19am
updated my J3455-ITX from 1.2 to 1.3
http://cellarcinema.info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MediaCenterWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 1:24am
@Stefan75
Yeah but what about it?
Can you give some more info here, because you posted that you had the HDMI problem too?
Is it solved now, that is wat we want to know ????

Edited by MediaCenterWorld - 10 May 2017 at 1:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic