ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved)J4205-ITX HDMI output

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexdanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 7:55pm
Hi there,

i can't see two of the three links you have posted (the kodi and intel one appear to be dead)

I have to correct my previous post. Wake up from sleep works also with the VGA output with firmware 1.30A

Sireone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sireone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 3:05am
Originally posted by energy2k energy2k wrote:

Hello,
I am in the same situation as you. I have a Samsung TV 4K Series 6 (KU6500) that does not recognize video input via HDMI.
I have tried all the bios that have been published, both those that are in the official section as in the beta section and none has worked.
With what little I have researched, it seems that the Intel NUCs have a similar problem and Intel has released an upgrade firmware for HDMI 2.0 with the Samsung 4k Televisions.
I know it is not specific to this model of plate, but from the comments I read it seems to work.
I'll try it this afternoon and tell you something.

More info:

Let me know how this works.  Based on the steps, you need to be connected to an HDMI 2.0 source for it to work.  I tried this while connected to VGA in addition to my LG tv (as I could not see a picture on the LG), but it failed to update.  I'd like to know how it's done.
Stefan75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:33pm
I'm using a UE48JU7580 at UHD 60Hz RGB.
The picture is 95% stable. I sometimes get no picture during boot.

When I tried a UE43KU6070 in a TV shop I also got not picture.
But that was in Q1 with ASRock FW 1.2 and LSPCON FW 1.0x I think.

It's highly recommended to update the LSPCON FW to 1.66 or higher.
http://cellarcinema.info
energy2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energy2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Sireone Sireone wrote:

Let me know how this works.  Based on the steps, you need to be connected to an HDMI 2.0 source for it to work.  I tried this while connected to VGA in addition to my LG tv (as I could not see a picture on the LG), but it failed to update.  I'd like to know how it's done.
It works!!!!
I used an old 720p LCD TV to install Windows, then download HDMI firmware update from Intel webpage and, after update, shut down and connect PC to my Samsung 43KU6500 4K TV... and voilá, video appears!
J4205_4K_lo

As I said below, I tried all the Firmwares (1.30, 1.30A, 1.20D, 1.20H) and now I have 1.30 without issues.

Edited by energy2k - 19 Jul 2017 at 4:01pm
Sireone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sireone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 6:56pm

It works!!!!
I used an old 720p LCD TV to install Windows, then download HDMI firmware update from Intel webpage and, after update, shut down and connect PC to my Samsung 43KU6500 4K TV... and voilá, video appears!
J4205_4K_lo

As I said below, I tried all the Firmwares (1.30, 1.30A, 1.20D, 1.20H) and now I have 1.30 without issues.

During the update, was the HDMI connected to your Samsung as well?  I read that it has to be connected to a HDMI 2.0 device to be recognized. What firmware did you use, the one from Asrock site or Intel NUC site? 
energy2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energy2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:23pm
During the update process, HDMI was connected to 720p LCD TV (from LG).

I'll explain all the process:
That's all.
energy2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energy2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:23pm

During the update, was the HDMI connected to your Samsung as well?  I read that it has to be connected to a HDMI 2.0 device to be recognized. What firmware did you use, the one from Asrock site or Intel NUC site? 
Hello,
It worked for you what I said?
Sireone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sireone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 7:10pm

Hello,
It worked for you what I said?

It actually did work!  I had to use a DVI to HDMI cable for the upgrade as the picture was black on my Sharp 1080p tv after the Intel driver update [required].  After the upgrade from 1.56 to 1.66, I connected the HDMI to my Onkyo 4K AVR (connected to my LG 4K TV), which then allowed me to see post when I turned on the J3455.  One thing of note, is that even though I see post when I turn on the PC, the screen goes black, then no signal.  I then have to connect to Libreelec via ssh then run 'xrandr --output DP1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00' to get the screen to display.  Not sure if it's a setting in Libreelec.  Still researching.
Gwaihir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwaihir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:32pm
Hello!

I´m running into the same problems now! I have a J4205 Board connected to a Denon X1300W and a LG OLED 55B7D and this is what happens:

1) on startup it shows the Windows bootup logo, then it loses the signal, comes back and shows just a black screen
2) when in Windows the screen (and audio) goes dark from time to time for a second
3) just a minute ago it just lost the signal completely while in Windows

I have installed Beta BIOS 1.30A but it does not help :-((

Anything I can do? Thanks for your help!
energy2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energy2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 3:25pm
Hello,

Have you read my post on 20 Jul 2017 at 1:23am?

It seems the problem is HDMI controller firmware. 

During the update process, HDMI was connected to 720p LCD TV (from LG).

I'll explain all the process:
That's all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic