ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved)J4205-ITX HDMI output

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincenth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Solved)J4205-ITX HDMI output
    Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 11:41am
[URL=][/URL]I recently bought a J4205 ITX that I use connected to a 4K samsung TV with the HDMI output.?
In order to make it work I have to :
1- disconnect the HDMI cable from the motherboard
2- boot the computer - I wait enough to be sure that that windows 10 is at the login screen
3- start the TV
4- connect the HDMI cable.
Then everything works perfectly.
However, if I restart the computer, then no more HDMI signal.
The same occur if the TV is stopped for too long.
The only work around is to shutdown the computer (I hold the power button 3 to 5 sec), disconnect the cable and proceed as explain above.
I took the decision to return the card bought on amazon and hope that it is just a problem with this card.
But, I have actually some doubt as everything works wonderful when the HDMI is well detected.
By the way, I tried with 2 different HDMI cable?
In the meantime I put back my old ASUS A3-ionT deluxe that doesn't this issue.

If you have any idea how to fix this ?
Is it a well known issue ? Is a fix in preparation ?
Should I consider another card to get the 4K decoding ?
Thank you for your feedback.
Vincent

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 06 Jan 2020 at 5:09pm
hjhamala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjhamala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 6:44pm
Hi Vincent

I had a similar problem with my J3455 which is quite similar product.

In my case I could get the picture only if I connected the hdmi port to the amplifier and then made the quick switch. See this http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4099&title=j3455itx-hdmi-edid-with-4k-display 

I am having also some mysterious problems with usb ports cutting in and out so I have contacted my seller for replaicement/repair. Maybe Asrock have a bad patch of motherboards.

Edited by hjhamala - 31 Dec 2016 at 6:46pm
mckinley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckinley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 1:34am
Hi all

I have the same problem with the same motherboard J4205 with my TV Samsung too. I also tried with an adapter HDMI->DVI to connect to a monitor through DVI and I have no signal on monitor too.
So seems that HDMI is not working for me.

I followed your walkthrough and it doesn't work for me :(

I asked to AsRock for support and waiting for an answer hoping they can solve my problem.
I'm thinking about sending back it to my seller and change with another board.

W1ll8m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W1ll8m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 5:46am
Same here j4205 on samsung 4k. Only solution for me to get video output is to put the hdmi cable in a different display wait for image and then put the hdmi cable back in the tv. This works for a while then again no video.

Vincenth' s workaround also works for me. Boot whitout cable connected and after windows started connect the cable.

Bios is 1.20 tv is UE55K6000 on latest software.

Also tried to change some tv settings trough the service menu. INFO - SETTINGS - MUTE - POWER On buttons.

Edited by W1ll8m - 15 Jan 2017 at 2:30am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 1:59pm
Have any of you tried the new Beta UEFI/BIOS version, that has a modification to the Intel graphics VBIOS?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J4205-ITX/index.us.asp?cat=Beta
mckinley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckinley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:02pm
Tried right now and the board can't boot windows 10 anymore.
The message is "no boot device detected" if I try with F11. The HD is detected in bios.
The board keep going in bios after each reboot

It isn't working for me
mckinley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckinley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:36pm
Back to 1.20 and everything now is good except for the hdmi problem.
W1ll8m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W1ll8m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 2:53am
Also tested beta bios 1.20d. Machine boots win10x64 but hdmi problem still exist. Will leave the beta bios for further testing.

Strange. Beta is posted op 10-1. Version 1.20 is posted on 11-1.

So witch one is newer?

Edited by W1ll8m - 15 Jan 2017 at 3:08am
vincenth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincenth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 9:10am
I have also tested the 1.20d
I have noticed one thing better. In case of a restart I don't loose the HDMI signal with the TV anymore.
However, in case I switch off the TV too long, ( PC still running), the TV never find the PC and I switch it on.
Then, even if I try to unplug/plug the HDMI cable, nothing happens.
I still need to switch off the PC, disconnect the cable, switch on the PC with the TV on, wait for windows to complete the boot process and finally plug the cable. Then everything works fine.
I have decided to return the card, even if I like the card.
Vincent
W1ll8m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W1ll8m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 6:39pm
My experience is that a normal reboot works in both version 1.20 and 1.20d. I dont loose hdmi signal. I even use this as a standard method because i use kodi and there is no WASAPI audio output after the first boot whitout hdmi plugged in. After the reboot WASAPI is available and my sound works correct.

Hope this helps someone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic