FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cpu support for z97m Formular

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:39am
I've been through the pictures. The Chipset Configuration, Primary Graphics Adapter does look wrong, only PCI Express as a setting. That is one of the screens, options, and setting I wanted to see. That is 50% of the proof of your situation, and is clearly enough to make your case IMO. If you cannot select the iGPU, how can you use it?

But as odiebugs said, more options in the OC Tweaker screen will wrap it all up for us. The iGPU voltage settings are farther down in the OC Tweaker screen, I'm only seeing one part of that screen, the upper portion only. That is after you said you posted more pictures.

The Advanced, CPU Configuration screen does not have any iGPU options, at least not on my Z97 Extreme6 board.

Sorry to be picky, as I said IMO you have made your case that something is wrong. You showed the Main UEFI screen, with your CPU and UEFI version information, which confirms that fine.

Please understand this is the first case in this forum of this happening with a Broadwell processor. Actually, this is the only thread related to a Broadwell processor that I can recall.

Are the DMI and PCI Express De-emphasis options on the default settings?
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:12am
Hey odiebugs

Ive added more pictures.

Cheers

Kim
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 4:55am
Originally posted by balotus balotus wrote:

Hey Parsec

Nope none. here are the screenshots http://imgur.com/a/7gYke and yeps, I got the intel ME on the system. all with loaded default option.

Cheers

Kim
Now did you really miss the slider to bring up the rest of the options,  move the long slider down and take a screen shot again so we can see if there really missing.

Also the OC tweak screen and move the slider so that the  primary plane current is at the top so we can see below at the GT settings.

Edited by odiebugs - 19 Jul 2015 at 5:01am
asrocking
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 4:46am
Hey Parsec

Nope none. here are the screenshots http://imgur.com/a/7gYke and yeps, I got the intel ME on the system. all with loaded default option.

Cheers

Kim

Edited by balotus - 19 Jul 2015 at 4:47am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 4:09am
So none of the UEFI options exist when using your Broadwell CPU, and even the Beta UEFI provided by ASRock?!

That is wild and unheard of, as you know. I hope you understand any skepticism about this, since it is an issue that is unheard of. ASRock was confident that that UEFI version would work, but if you say it doesn't... how can we not believe it.

Speaking of believing it, if you really want to get our attention, put a USB flash drive in a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel. Then go into the UEFI, bring up the screens that should but don't have the options for the Intel iGPU, make sure they are in the area they should be on the screen, and if applicable, click on the settings for an option, like Onboard and PCI Express on the Primary Graphics Adapter.

Then press the F12 key on the keyboard. The current UEFI screen display will be saved to the USB flash drive. You can then post one of more of those pictures, and make your case without any doubt.

One other thing, about all I've got to offer, is do you have the Intel IME software installed? That is the Intel Management Engine driver ver:10.0.0.1204.

Most people are skeptical about the need of this software on a 'Z' board with a 'K' processor, but do we really know what Intel has wrapped up in this software? I'm somewhat surprised that a new version of the IME software is not available for Broadwell.
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:57pm
Hey Xaltar

Yes i did that too when i change the cpu's. all the pins are fine, and the cpu don't have anything on it. i even toke the hole pc apart. Just in case i was missing something, but it did'ten change anything. i even ran a prime to see if the cpu was not working ( using a discret graphic card ) and the cpu part works fine. tho its reporting that the max boost is 3.6 when its 3.7.

So all in all this is whats missing atm.

IGPU settings ( in total everything with a IGPU. it just dosent work/see it )
Wrong CPU settings ( It aint detecting the CPU correct. is it getting to hot? No. Water cooling is used )

The thing with these Broadwell cpu's are that they are a half tock from intels tick tock cycle. Some of the things this cpu have is the same as Skylake. so its a tricky one.

Cheers

Kim

Edited by balotus - 18 Jul 2015 at 6:03pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 12:55pm
Have you tried examining the motherboard for bent pins in the CPU socket or dirt/thermal compound on the CPU pads?

Good luck.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 6:34am
The newest VGA broadwell driver for win 7, 8.1 and 10 that is WHQL, - 15.40.3.64.4248

It's not on any board  MFG site.  

Edited by odiebugs - 18 Jul 2015 at 6:36am
asrocking
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 5:17am
hey odiebugs

Yes I am going to talk to the tech support about this again, but now its weekend, so ill send them a log of what I have been testing out, maybe its just something funny that are missing and can get fixed, im also gonna take a talk with the intel support about this, never hurts to learn more about stuff Smile

Well, this can maybe help others too, so being patient is going to help all  Wink

Edited by balotus - 18 Jul 2015 at 5:17am
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 4:42am
Originally posted by balotus balotus wrote:

hey odiebugs

it works with a I5-4460 also tryed that. thats what bugs me alot, i havent tryed the i7 5775c in a other motherboard. Tho i have to look ad see if i got one laying around somewhere =)

Cheers

Kim
To me, with you having the newest UEFI, it sounds like the I7-5775 is causing the problem. 

If the UEFI is ok with another CPU but the 57 causes the UEFI to be missing settings, really sounds like CPU.

I think your best bet is to talk to tech support, this is a forum and hard to say when a tech will see it.

They can run scenario's, and see  if they can get this same problem, and they know more about the boards.

Notice how many problems Intel has had with this CPU and the delays.

P.S. Thanks for being such a nice and patient poster, you're one of the best and everyone hopes you get this resolved quickly.  

Thumbs Up 

Edited by odiebugs - 18 Jul 2015 at 4:52am
asrocking
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic