ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cpu support for z97m Formular

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cpu support for z97m Formular
    Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:10am
Hey there!

I got myself a i7 5775c and I got a z97m formular oc and atm the cpu aint working that great, I cant use the onboard graphic card and so on, a lot of stuff is missing in the bios. So I was thinking. When can I use this combo, asking as, are you working on a bios update for Intels range of Broadwell cpus.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:30am
Bios version 1.80 added support from Broadwell CPUs, i7 5775c and i5 5675c. 

[edit] I did not see the M in your post, sorry about that. You are correct it seems there is not yet a bios update for the Z97M OC Formula. I have contacted ASRock tech support on the matter and will update you when I know more.

Edited by Xaltar - 16 Jul 2015 at 1:08pm
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 7:06am
Thats for the 

Z97 OC Formula

What i got is the Z97M OC FORMULA

Hope there is coming a bios update for the m-atx part also or else its alot of money out the window for me =( Tho i find it strange that there is so much differents in bios support for the atx and m-atx ?

Edited by balotus - 16 Jul 2015 at 7:15am
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 7:59am
Xaltar is absolutely correct. 

He would not post the wrong info. The 1.80 has the update for the  slower broadwell CPU.

Check the CPU support list, they just ran out of room to add update 5th gen intel.

The Z97M OC, use the 1.91 update. The Broadwell support was added 2014.  
asrocking
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:10pm
Thanks for the support Odiebugs but he is right, I did not see the M. It seems while the Z97 OC formula has support the Z97M OC Formula has yet to receive a Broadwell update. I am sure the issue will be addressed soon.
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:28pm
That would be great, atm i got a pc next to me i can't use, and i really like the board, so it would be nice to get it running =)

Thanks for the reply's
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:39pm
Btw is there anything i can do too make Asrock aware about this problem else then sending a mail to the support team ?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 8:37pm
All you can do is send a support ticket. From what I have seen Tech support is pretty good at getting back to people.
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 2:05am
Ok Thanks, im going to try that =)
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 5:18am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Thanks for the support Odiebugs but he is right, I did not see the M. It seems while the Z97 OC formula has support the Z97M OC Formula has yet to receive a Broadwell update. I am sure the issue will be addressed soon.

NO, he is incorrect, and you are right, I shouldn't have to post the right answer Over and Over.

The Z97 M OC Formula has a 1.80 UEFI and it does support the Broadwell.

THE 1.80 HAS BROADWELL SUPPORT FROM 2014.  

Again, he is wrong and you are correct, but there is a newer UEFI which is 1.90.

P.S. It doesn't matter what board you looked,  and if you looked at the wrong Z97, because there is a 1.80 for the Z97 M OC Formula and it does have Broadwell support. 

BROADWELL Support for 1.80 in the CPU SUPPORT LIST. 

So you're correct,  Clap 

Edited by odiebugs - 17 Jul 2015 at 5:31am
asrocking
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic