ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970a-g/3.1 + GTX1070 = pcie 1.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:28pm
To begin with, I wrote that I have good cooling. And housing and food chains and bridges north and south! I put extra cooler! Next, I wrote that if you overclock through the program, these signs are not present! This manual I read, and to read it many similar articles and forums branches. So, how to overclock even I know :) The point is accelerating, and that the bios itself is very curve. It contains a lot of mistakes. By monitoring the voltage and coolers, coolers control to malfunction. Just bios starts without overclocking processor 1.4-1.45v stress though that works perfectly on 1.25 :) If this does not fix the mat board is strongly heated. On 1.4 I quietly take 4.5GHz without heating. I again drew attention. What is this problem only occurs on the motherboard of your company! I am 100% sure that the case in bios / But helpdesk, and ignores my emails and letters to my friend with a similar problem. My friend and I have the same motherboard, but we have different processors and graphics cards, but the problem is the same! We tried our processors and graphics cards in other motherboards, and this problem does not arise. You can drive the bus and the graphics card is still 2.0. The seller agreed to the exchange. And we found out that all the boards of your company there is a problem. I was offered an exchange, but I do not want another motherboard, as it picked up a body for the color and location of connectors. Seller promised to write a letter in support. According to the seller, it is the fault of the motherboard bios.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 6:14pm
May I suggest some reading material:
https://www.amd.com/Documents/AMD_FX_Performance_Tuning_Guide.pdf

Hint: pay close attention to what the top slider is referencing:
(Pic lifted from the OPs 970A-G/3.1 Manual)

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 5:10pm
Thanks for the info. It looks to be a safety feature of some kind that is locking the PCIe mode to 1.1 in the event the bus is overclocked. 
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 4:53pm
In fact of the matter is that even if we overclock the bus to 1MHz, I get 1.1. It's not breaking up! The fact that the transition to the manual mode, no acceleration occurs the same as the card becomes 1.1. I wrote about it on the last page!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 4:42am
Why, and more importantly how high are you OC'ing the bus.
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 4:31am
I did the first thing. The fact is that if you do not overclock the bus, then this is no problem! In the next topic in humans the same problem with the 1060 GTX 990 chipset and also when accelerating on the bus :) At the same time, even if I just put in the manual, the card is immediately determined as 1.1!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:03am
If this is an upgrade GPU (you had one before this one) on that board then you might want to try removing the GPU and checking the slot for dust and debris. 

Then reseat the card firmly and try again. I had this issue myself on an older board once and it was solved by reseating the CPU after cleaning the slot out.
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 1:36am
Hello. For the holidays passed. I thought that I would get a response after them. In support, I wrote, but they do not respond. Here, too, none of those are no promotions. Can they count on an updated bios for this model mat board?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 5:00am
We're communicating just fine. No need to change languages.
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 4:50am
Little did not understand you. You will be translated into English? I have yet to speak bad English :( PCIe Power Management is turned off. In the settings is NVIDIA maximum performance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic