ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970a-g/3.1 + GTX1070 = pcie 1.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 970a-g/3.1 + GTX1070 = pcie 1.1
    Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 3:15am
Hello. My PC: CPU FX8350, CPU cooler DeepCool ASSASSIN II, DIMM Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 16gb, 1070 GTX graphics card, HDD ST3000DM001-1E616, power 850W. In the food chain and bridges installed additional cooling. I have a problem with acceleration FX8350 at 970a-g / 3.1. When accelerating through the «OC mode» version pcie video card is reduced to 1.1. I simply switch to auto mode and do not even get me anything 1.1. The same thing happens if «Overclocking mode» menu, select the manual mode! That is, even without changing the default value of a card simply by switching mode indicator begins to be determined as pcie 1.1.
And it does not change under load. I tried to turn off all power-saving function does not work. If in the «OC mode» menu choose the manual, and «Overclocking mode» menu choose auto is entirely normal, and the video card is defined as pcie 2.0. If overclocking through ASRock eXtreme Tuner, then that is no problem! But I'd like to overclock via the bios. It turns out to disperse through the bios without losing version pcie? I can not ??It grieves me very much! I dropped CMOS and even pulled out the battery from the motherboard. To flash bios to the office site. I tried another card and another processor FX8370, reinstalled OS, but the problem remains! I really hope for your help!
Tech support ignores the question. Only their recommendations, it is clear the CMOS and change the CPU cooler.
Sorry for my English.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 6:25am
And lemme guess. This 1.1 is displayed in GPU-z?
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 7:20am

Yes. Displayed in the GPU-Z and AIDA64 under load without changes! One has only to select the auto mode and all at once OK. If overclocking of the windows then there are no such problems! But the overclocking of OS :)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 7:38am
Press on the ? to the right of "Bus Interface" in GPU-z.

Too, since you haven't talked of, I'll also assume even showing 1.1 your benchmarking that you've been doing isn't showing anything of worry. ie: benches look good
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 7:54am
I clicked on? in cpu-z and nothing has changed during the test. In the games I lose from 25 to 35 FPS mode 1.1. I checked in games without overclocking mode just 1.1 and 2.0, and it showed me a tangible difference :( I do not like the impossibility to overclock my FX8350. When you try to overclock by multiplier I get the same problem. That is how I had not clocked the processor, the graphics card becomes 1.1 mode. I checked with GTX780ti and got the same problem. Even I borrowed a friend's FX8370 processor and it did not help. I have an excellent cooler and supply chain bridges and cooled. That is the whole problem in the bios! Since when accelerating through the OS no such problems! Just on my old motherboard chipset on the 970, I had no such problems, but it was easier and had a 4-phase power, which did not allow to overclock the processor above 4.2GHz. I decided to purchase 970a-g / 3.1 only for the sake of acceleration and what I got? :)
P.S. Here on the forum there is a topic with similar problems, but with the 990 chipset and GTX1060. So I believe that this is not a marriage, and the shortcomings bios motherboard cards!

Edited by Zirw - 26 Jan 2017 at 8:00am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 8:29am
List your GTX 1070's Make and Model Number please. And it's BIOS revision too.
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 8:41am
Zotac GTX1070 mini ZT-P10700G-10M bios 86.04.50.00.65
Only I wrote my friend, he bought along with me 970A-g/3.1 today, he bought a new video card gigabyte gtx1060 mini before he had a video card is the Radeon. He says that he has the same problem that I have its processor FX6350.

Edited by Zirw - 26 Jan 2017 at 8:50am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 9:55am
Windows key + X key > Run > powercfg.cpl > "Change plan setting" for your chosen plan > Change advanced power settings > PCI Express > Link State Power Management > change to Off > click Apply

Then run the Render Test in GPU-z
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 6:31pm
I did it. I also included the maximum performance mode in NVIDIA settings, but these actions do not help!

Edited by Zirw - 26 Jan 2017 at 6:53pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 7:41pm
Meh, all of ASRock just began the Chinese New Year.

FWIW atm:
http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

I'm stumped.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic