ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970a-g/3.1 + R9 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2133 problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 970a-g/3.1 + R9 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2133 problem
    Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 12:27am
Hello today I bought a new memory R9 Gamer Series
8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 MHz CL10 (AG34G2130U1) "r938g2130u1k" two sets, a total of 16 gigabytes. This memory is in the list of supported, on the official website! It says that four modules can operate in 2133. Here is a link http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970A-G3.1/?cat=Memory But the computer does not start with 4 bars! He did not report to his error only helps pressing the power supply button. It only works with two modules. The four-mode only in 1600. For this purpose, the two modules in the bios I have exhibited in 1600 to preserve and then add two more module. Why do not all four modules at the stated frequency? When overclocking the bus I get overclocking of RAM and all four modules reach a maximum of 1760. But when accelerating on the bus I get a pcie 1.1 what I wrote in the next topic! Please, help. I checked memory on the same motherboard from a friend, the same problems. Then he checked with the same processor in my old motherboard 970 chipset, it works, then it is not a processor or memory?

Edited by Zirw - 25 Feb 2017 at 3:33am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 4:04am
Dang dude .............Tongue

In the BIOS, look for CPU/Northbridge Voltage

I just looked in the manual:
OC Tweaker > OC Mode - Manual > CPU NB Voltage - raise this +0.100

The "CPU NB Voltage" is what feeds the processors internal memory controller(IMC). Loading the IMC using four sticks stresses it and thus that CPU/N Voltage tweak should get you running. Post back if it doesn't.

And two separate kits most times works. There are sometimes a change that what appears two identical kits is in fact enough of a difference that the two can become incompatible.

But post back your results of adding +0.100v first please.
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 4:32am
I picked it up to 1.200v. It should be more? Perhaps we must also what that voltage raise HyperTransport example?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 4:34am
Nope. No need. HT or NB.

CPU/NB yes.

Are you using either AMP or XMP to set their timings?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 4:35am
NB and CPU/NB are two completely different things BTW.
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 4:41am
I know. But because the memory is based on the north bridge. Do not raise the voltage NB is necessary? Thank you for your quick answers. Frankly at this forum is very good attitude to the people! On the other we will not name the brand, the attitude is much worse! I just left everything in auto mode and is unable to boot. Then he was charged with two bars they work in all modes! But with four bars is the problem. As to how much you can safely raise the CPU NB?I did not find the way to the point of breaking up the instructions, which instructions you used? Link please?

I did not find the way to the point of breaking up the instructions, which instructions you used? Link please?

Edited by Zirw - 27 Jan 2017 at 4:47am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 4:58am
No. Do not raise the NB voltage.

I know AMD systems up, down, and inside out.  What I suggested is from experience. Monitoring temps obviously, a safe bet is you can raise it up +0.15v w/o too much to worry about.

Set the 4 primary timings and the sticks 2133 voltage manually in the BIOS. Don't use AMP or XMP just yet as they can be problematic.
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 5:04am
Thank you, I understand you'll try. Just annoying that every time the PC will not boot that would run it is necessary to remove two strips of memory :( And sometimes even the CMOS and fold. Today, I am already tired of trying, I will try tomorrow with renewed vigor!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 11:50am
When you get back to having time, do this.

Separate out your two kits by serial numbers. You should at this point have two kits, each with consecutive serials.

1. With it powered off, the cable from the wall removed, press the cases Power Button for three seconds.
2. Place one kit, two sticks, in the Black mem slots, DDR3_A2 and DDR3_B2
3. Clear the bios
4. Apply wall power and power up
5. Did it boot?

5a. Yes, continue to Windows and grab a screenshot of the Memory and SPD tabs of CPU-s for EACH of the two sticks.
5a.1 Now repeat the above steps with the other kit, remembering to clear the BIOS before booting.

5b. No. Repeat the above steps with the other kit, remembering to clear the BIOS before booting.

Post back what you discover in performing the above steps with each of the two kits you have.

Edited by wardog - 27 Jan 2017 at 12:13pm
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 12:11am
All the work done and the steps to make a photo. Basically, I did so in one set of black slots in the second krasyne.

Edited by Zirw - 26 Feb 2017 at 8:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic