ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freezing and BSOD Skylake on new z270 mobo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boabject78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 1:19am
Nothing to apologize for my friend you have been giving me more support and advice than anywhere else on the net and I thank you very much for that. I cant even contact Asrock cos there is no support until the Chinese New Year is over.

I just assumed by your signature in your posts that you were still on the z170 platform.

So you have been trouble free on the z270 then?
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6, I7 6700k 4.6Ghz 1.325v, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400, Corsair H80i GT
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 1:58am
Both your HAL errors are mostly caused by hardware or drivers. As I'm sure you Googled and discovered.

My guess, an unstable OC. Hence my needing to know if the errors cease when they are run at stock. The CX600 offers 46a on a single rail, good, so that shouldn't be at issue.

I'd still like you to place an aux fan blowing over the VRM section. It is a requirement when using a watercooler. When you place a pump over the CPU vs a HS/F there is now very little direct air flow to cool the components surrounding the CPU socket. VRMs mostly.  They heat up and all h*ell in many forms can wreak havoc.

My sig is what it is because of a limit of 200 characters, otherwise I'd have three more listed there.

Concerning any possible BIOS "bug' , rest assured that once a "fix' is included in a prior BIOS it is carried forward in the revisions following it. Not doing so would be a tremendously huge error on any company's oversight.

I'll now PM you for some info I need to share a BETA BIOS with you for the Z270 Gaming K6. That is if being BETA doesn't scare you away.

Edited by wardog - 31 Jan 2017 at 1:59am
boabject78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boabject78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 3:13am
Thanks for all the help my friend the bios flashed no problem. I'll get back to my usual pc routine for a few days and report back here regardless of the results.

Big thank you to this forum aswell.

Cheers
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6, I7 6700k 4.6Ghz 1.325v, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400, Corsair H80i GT
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 4:28am
Originally posted by boabject78 boabject78 wrote:

I'll get back to my usual pc routine for a few days and report back here regardless of the results.

Please, do.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by boabject78 boabject78 wrote:

I know its not a Kabylake cpu I meant the cpu is new. I went with Skylake because the board says it fully supports 6th Gen i7 and I refuse to use win10.

The Skylake bug was addressed for the z170 platform by Intel and mobo manufacturers via bios update with new microcode so I dont see why it wont be the same for z270 I just dont know when it will happen cos bios rev P1.10 has its own problems. I know the board has just been released and will get better with updates.

My ssd is plugged into SATA3_0 port.

That Skylake bug was a non-issue for 99.999% of users when it existed a year ago, and is history. I'm sure the first Kaby Lake microcode inherited the fix from Skylake. None of your issues have anything to do with the "Skylake bug".

BIOS updates won't fix the Windows 7/Intel 100/200 series chipset USB 3.0 driver issue.
boabject78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote boabject78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 12:13am
Ok here is my update after a week or so since my last post.

After the Beta bios update my pc did stop the random crashes and freezing when just browsing but then the nvidia 376.33 display driver kept crashing and recovering. I resolved this by reverting back to stable driver 353.38 and everything finally stopped crashing.

Satisfied with this I have gamed for several hours every other day without issues at stock speeds. Then I overclocked the cpu to 4.5gHz at 1.30v and enabled the XMP profile on the ram and again everything has remained stable and without issue.

I still have the keyboard problem of not getting into the bios screen which I dont understand as to why a wired usb £60 mechanical keyboard, which worked fine with my old rig, wont work but my cheap £5 wired usb keyboard works just fine.

Thanks again for all the help and advice given and hope this has helped others on the forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic