ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't get XMP to boot, long boot time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 5:14pm
Bad news.

I did like you instructed me.. still the same issues.

Oddly enough the BIOS seemed to not reset properly, i.e. it greeted me already in Advanced Mode, User Profiles still present.. I guess 20 minutes of removing the battery was not enough? Any clarification is appreciated.

Regards,

dNhax.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 7:00pm
Did you remove the power cord from the PSU?

If the system is still connected to power then it will not clear.
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 7:04pm
Yes, removed everything, placed the computer on a table for better reachability and then proceeded with battery removal.

Like described here: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp%3FTID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal.

Edited by dNhax - 12 Feb 2017 at 7:07pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 8:54pm
Sorry, I had to ask Wink

That is very odd. It should clear completely. Then again, my Gaming K6 retains my RGB LED settings when I clear CMOS even when the battery is pulled so I wonder if that could be connected somehow.
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 9:43pm
I think I will be removing the battery for more than 20 minutes. Linked thread says 4 hours to be sure. Maybe that helps..
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 10:04pm
If you'd allow me ...........

Grab CPU-z, use those timing that allowed you into Windows and post CPU-z screenies of both sticks Memory and SPD tab. That'll be four pics, or one screen with four instances of CPU-z runing.

And, on the opening BIOS page in the upper left, what BIOS revision is the MB currently flashed to?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by dNhax dNhax wrote:

I think I will be removing the battery for more than 20 minutes. Linked thread says 4 hours to be sure. Maybe that helps..

Be positive to jumper the CLRCMOS1 in the lower left of the MB when you do this. If not, that will explain the "old" BIOS setting reappearing. This has to be done.

And make sure if it's tight in that corner where CLRCMOS is that you DO in fact jumper the pins and not be off one. ie: the pins must be in the holes of the jumper.

It's sometimes easy in a tight spot to miss one pin making connection.
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 10:15pm
I did as described in the manual. Will be trying again in a few minutes.

Imgur album: http://m.imgur.com/a/TTg3g

Edited by dNhax - 12 Feb 2017 at 10:32pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by dNhax dNhax wrote:

I did as described in the manual. Will be trying again in a few minutes.

I say that because folks with fat fingers like I have it is sometimes impossible to see beyond them to where the jumper is going.

That pics "looks' like it is on/over the two pins.

Yet there's no reason your old setting reappeared if done proper. That what I was getting at.
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 10:52pm
So everything is good then? I guess I will be leaving it like this for 2 hours.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic