ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freezing and stuck asrock FM2A68M-HD+ win 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:12pm
I already change the psu lets see its possible or not.

Maybe, the problem on my driver or something else?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:22pm
What PSU did you change to?

As for the drivers:

Download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) then boot into safe mode, run it and remove your current AMD GPU drivers.

Safe mode:

Win key + R
Run msconfig.exe
Under "boot" check "safe mode"
Apply and restart

Once you have removed the drivers with DDU you can then download and install the latest drivers from AMD's support page. If you still have crashing/freezing then repeat the process of removing the drivers then download and install an earlier version. In some cases bug fixes for newer hardware breaks support for older hardware.
Xulingxuling23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:33pm
http://m.imgur.com/a/rLpkx#TRPWjjE

Thats the new one.

Maybe my failed windows 10 64bit?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

450w should be enough for a system like yours

Problem is, that's a 225w PSU.

An example 225w HP PSU:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA30R3XM1654

Quote Output Voltage: +5V 12A, -5V 0.5A, +12V 12A, -12V 0.8A, +3.3V 12A, +5V-SB 2.5

Output from the 225w PSU from above:
12a on the +3.3v
12a on the +5v
12a on the +12v

Output from the 225w PSU of the OPs:
13a on the +3.3v
14a on the +5v
10a on the +12v

Look like questionable PSU specs to me.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Xulingxuling23 Xulingxuling23 wrote:

http://m.imgur.com/a/rLpkx#TRPWjjE

Thats the new one.

Maybe my failed windows 10 64bit?

Nope, and Nope.

The 275X is only a 275w PSU
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 9:45pm
The new one actually states on the PSU

Pure/Real power

275w

It states max power as 550w but that is like a lot of cheapo speakers back in the day would claim to be 100w, even 1000w in some cases, when they were actually 5w RMS.

I have a "700w" PSU sitting in front of me right now that cost me $15, looking at it's power rails it is actually only a 300w unit and even that would be pushing it. I purchased it because it was cheap and and I needed a spare PSU for fan/LED testing so I can bin all the old dead ones.

We are not trying to make your life difficult here XulingXuling23, these are simply the facts. 

This is a good 450w PSU
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045

Look at the rails

24A on the 3.3v
15A on the 5v
18A on the 12v
18A on the second 12v

If this were a single 12v rail PSU then the 2 12v rails would total 36A, that is a LONG way better than the 14A rating on the PSUs you posted pics of. Simply put, both those PSUs are not what they claim to be. Look for a solid name brand, yes they are more expensive but they are what they say they are.

Cooler Master
Antec
Seasonic
EVGA
Corsair
Zalman
Fortron
OCZ
Deep Cool
Fractal Design
NZXT
Enermax
Spire
Thermaltake
Be Quiet

Some of these brands are better than others but none of them will outright lie to you about specs. Get yourself something from one of the brands I have listed here. Not all of them are very expensive, I have included some more budget options too but these brands I know to be accurate in their ratings. Wardog, please feel free to add to the list if you know of any others I have missed.

Edited by Xaltar - 09 Feb 2017 at 9:47pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 9:48pm
okay now its no lag , I'm reinstalling the windows but still can not connect the dual vga.

what do you think for this issue?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 9:54pm
To enable dual graphics:

Enter the UEFI and enable the iGPU, information on how to do this should be in your user manual

After some research I have discovered that AMD's Crimson driver package no longer provides the Dual Graphics option so you will want to install a Catalyst driver version.

Here is a Youtube video that better describes how to enable it. Interesting to note is that this video was made because of the exact problem you are having.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 10:08pm
my bios version is P2.00

in the norh bridge there is no Igpu only Onboard vga and I already enabled it
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 10:51pm
Onboard vga is the iGPU yes.

iGPU = integrated Graphics Processing Unit 
VGA = Video Graphics Array

It's just called onboard VGA for simplicity in the BIOS. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic