ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

KB3064209 breaks the G3258

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnbeonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 6:51am
I, too am in need of the H97M Pro4 BIOS, but the link is still down.
szachu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 7:12am
ASRock_TSD, can You make BIOS for motherboard H81M? I want install Windows 10, but i dont know if it will work. On Windows 8.1 I dont have problem with OC (even with an installed this update).

Edited by szachu - 30 Jul 2015 at 7:26am
oeffoeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oeffoeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 8:36am
I didn't had any problem with the oc and the KB3064209 update on my Windows 8 install, but wanted to install the UEFI 2.10 on my H81m-HDS anyway since I plan to install Win10 soon.

To my surprise the UEFI 2.10 update removed oc options from my oc tab, specifically the option to set the multiplier! So I can't oc my G3258 with UEFI 2.10. After I switched back to 2.00 I could again...

Edited by oeffoeff - 30 Jul 2015 at 9:18am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 11:51am
The bios updates that "fix" H and B series motherboards with windows 10 and the G3258 remove Non-Z overclocking. H and B chipsets were never intended to provide overclocking features and it seems intel is trying to push manufacturers to remove these features.
shawnbeonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnbeonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 11:59am
Xaltar, do you have access to these BIOS updates? I personally do not overclock my G3258 with my H97M Pro4, and I would greatly appreciate if you could provide links to the BIOS files linked earlier in this thread which are now down.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 12:03pm
I am afraid not. The bios updates should be made available on their respective product download pages as and when they are ready to roll out. While I am a moderator I am not in fact an Asrock employee and so am subject to the same conditions as any other forum member. Hopefully these updates will all be put up soon. Its a pretty low blow from MS and Intel, both for the consumer and all the manufacturers that had added overclocking support for the G3258 on budget boards.
ConnorX37B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConnorX37B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 12:49pm
I am having the same problem upgrading to Windows 10 with my G3258 and the H81M. 

A Bios Update for this board would be much appreciated!!!

Thank you
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 2:04pm
I have made a sticky thread for BIOS update requests so we can keep things central.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 8:24pm
Dear all, 

Greetings, this is ASRock Technical Support Department.

For the models which has this symptom, we have already finished all the BIOS modification.

We are now working on the release process and it will take few days, please wait.

We will upload the BIOS to our official website as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.   

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD 
Aonex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aonex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:12am
Hi, hope I'm not too late to request this, but having the same problem with the H97M-ITX/ac board. Hope that can get a BIOS update as well. Thanks a lot for your quick response on this ASRock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic