ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

KB3064209 breaks the G3258

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVQPP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 10:24am
I would recoment try it again, microsoft and intel don't give signs of care of the problem.

Anyway, good luck Thumbs Up
Kikor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kikor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 3:24pm
For me worked perfectly. You saved the day(..or 3Tongue )

Thanks man, you should post your solution in reddids threads because lots of people are waiting for it.

Edited by Kikor - 02 Aug 2015 at 3:24pm
hornirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hornirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by misrock misrock wrote:

Originally posted by AVQPP AVQPP wrote:

Yes, you have FIRTS set your BIOS to SINGLE CORE then INSTALL WINDOWS and AFTER that rename the file and for LAST set BIOS to ALL CORES or DEFAULT SETTINGS.
PS - On the third boot it stopped and got a blank screen before I could rename the file and resetting bios... so it looks like I have to reinstall an image of W 8.1... and wait for a real fix.

I found leaving both cores on but just turning off overclocking worked. It's (I think) easier to implement in your BIOS (or mine anyway- ASUS) and then switch back to overclock later- just set your multipliers to 32 or AUTO (i.e. stock speed, no overclock). Then change multipliers back after rebooting after the file rename in your BIOS. 
Zcool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 8:53pm
Hello,

it looks like I have a simillar problem: Since 3 days, I'm triying to install W10 on my Asrock H81M-ITX/WIFI and it fails.

So I got back to Win 7 and everytime I install the KB3064209 the system is unable to boot.

I think I have the last Bios too.
Kikor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kikor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by AVQPP AVQPP wrote:

SET BIOS TO SINGLE CORE

1.- Enter bios
2.- Go to "Advance" option
3.- Click on "CPU Configuration"
4.- Click on "Active Processor Cores
5.- Choose "1"
6.- Go to "Exit"
7.- Select "Save and exit"
8.- Boot from windows installation media and install normally

RENAME FILE

1.- Once on windows go to C:\Windows\System32
2.- Search for a file named "mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll"
3.- Follow this guide to Take Ownership (Permission) of the file
http://www.askvg.com/guide-how-to-take-ownership-permission-of-a-file-or-folder-manually-in-windows/
4.- Once you get permisson, change the file name "mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll" to "OLDmcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll"or everything else.
5.- Reboot
6.- Enter bios
7.- Go to "Exit"
8.- Select "Load UEFI defaults
9.- Select "Save and exit"

And thats all Clap 

Sorry for my bad english Sleepy

Try this.
Laelius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 11:03pm
AVQPP's solution worked for me! I kept running into that 409 update basically wrecking my Win 7 installation, took me three clean installs last month to isolate which update was doing it. 

Then I found it online and was just like "ahhh.. well then." I wasn't even overclocking my G3258, I just leave it stock. But now I'm curious, with AVQPP's workaround, is it possible to safely overclock after installing Win 10, renaming the file, and resetting the cores to both?
misrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 1:11am
the bozos at intel just released these 2 updates without saying what it fixes... any idea? for W 8.1:

INTEL MANAGEMENT ENGINE INTERFACE         size: 3.0 MB
INTEL SMART CONNECT TECHNOLOGY DEVICE    size: 511 KB

There weren't any update when I checked late last night.

PS: USELESS updates ... tried to install W10 and failed as usual.

Edited by misrock - 03 Aug 2015 at 3:18am
none
hornirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hornirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Laelius Laelius wrote:

But now I'm curious, with AVQPP's workaround, is it possible to safely overclock after installing Win 10, renaming the file, and resetting the cores to both?
2 days now @ 4.2GHz (ASUS H81M-PLUS) gaming this weekend, no problems.
Maccy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 6:11am
I don't usually do this but had to sign up to say thanks to AVQPP..

First 3 attemps at upgrading failed... Updated bios, success... Clean install, success..
Found out i'd lost oc....pissed..

Followed AVQPPs post.. Now have 10 with oc....

So Thanks again..

Forgot to add.. H81m-hds 4.5GHz

Edited by Maccy - 03 Aug 2015 at 6:17am
Joe-912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe-912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 4:58pm
Hey just to say thanks for the G3258 win 10 no overclock fix, I can't belive it was that simple.
I have a MSI H81m E33 I did ask for a fix via MSI support but they said it wasn't a bios Issue but they redirected me to this forum for fix, great work guys my 4.2 G3258 is back, strange thing is CPUz reports 4.2 on 2 cores, win 10 task manager reports 5.4GHz lol
Thanks again
Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic