ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Bios (7.06) bricked with XMP on, Broke Window
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Bios (7.06) bricked with XMP on, Broke Window

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdmcclintic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Bios (7.06) bricked with XMP on, Broke Window
    Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 3:29am
Struggling with this build. Intel i9 14900kf. Dealing with the Voltage unlimited problem that was breaking these CPUs. Dialed it down until it was stable (P-Core to 57, 44 foe E-Cores. 253 Watts max. Voltage at 300. Undervolted Ram, Everything that forums across the internet recommended for it too stop the crashing.) All on the 6.10 BIOS release. This took weeks to dial in for the various programs to finally run properly.

I am aware that Intel is working with the MB manufactures on fixing this, so I was excited to see a new BIOS on the support page. I download it and flash install from the USB. I turned on XMP, after noticing it turned off, but other then that I switched it to "Intel Basse Power Limit". This ended up in a long boot loop. So I went back into power and dialed everything back down to what I hade before and was finally able to get it to boot. I ran Cinebench and found I had dropped from 33800 MC to 14900. I then noticed that I had lost Audio, and only the NVidia HDMI output was showing. The Realtech audio had disappeared and installing new Realtech drivers from your site did not fix this. When I went into Windows System setting, my Windows key was deactivated due to "hardware changes" and now Windows can't connect to their servers.

When is ASRock going to have a proper BIOS that addresses the i9 issues, and what can I do to fix the new issues (No Audio and Broken Windows Key) the new BIOS introduced?
Intel i9 14900kf
ASRock z790 Riptide WiFi
NVidia 3080 10 gb
128 GB G Skill DDR5
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 4:42am
Short of someone from ASRock Tech Support replying you here, ASRock_TSD is their
handle on the forums, your best bet is to open a support ticket and inquire with
them directly:
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

You can include a link to your thread here too.
jdmcclintic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdmcclintic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 6:31am
Thanks! Submitted there. I'd also love to see anyone that has the i9 14900kf/ Z790 Riptide Wifi Combo to post their settings that worked for them. Lost a lot of work over this.
Intel i9 14900kf
ASRock z790 Riptide WiFi
NVidia 3080 10 gb
128 GB G Skill DDR5
Darkje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 8:27pm
Sometimes when hardware devices 'disappear' they will return after a full hardware reset. This means unplugging the PSU from the mains power for a (couple of) minute(s) then plug it in again and restart the machine. I've personally seen this happen with the onboard led's and bluetooth radio. Both where restored after the described reset.

As for the new bioses with 'Optimize BIOS default for 13&14th Gen K SKU by Intel recommended settings' I'm also struggling to get a grip. I'm sure with a i5-13600KF there is not as many probs as with the i9's but compared to the previous bios my cpu voltage went up almost 0.15Volt under load and power by about 50watt with bios defaults, while lowering my CB23 score because I hit TVB limiting factors. When going for performance setting in the main options, voltage and power are still higher as before, but not as much, only about 0,1v and 25watts.

I did manage to return to similar performance i had before, voltages and power by changing the load line calibration from 3 to 5 (used to be 4 in previous bios) but now voltage droops a bit more than it used to, so not entirely satisfied yet, more tweaking required, I feel.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdmcclintic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 6:25am
Thank you for posting some of the things that have worked for you. I'd love it if we could start posting our settings here or somewhere at least so we can help each other. ASRock literally just told me I should talk to NewEgg since I bought it there. I don't want it to be broken, nor do I want to return it. I want it to WORK!!!! There is another set of instruction codes on the i9 series that Intel has identified as one of the factors in all this, so it seems your i5 is overall much safer, but apparently many people have been affected by this, and everyone seems to be pointing fingers at each other. This is starting to smell like a class action lawsuit and a very large recall.
Intel i9 14900kf
ASRock z790 Riptide WiFi
NVidia 3080 10 gb
128 GB G Skill DDR5
Perec1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perec1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 4:59am
Hello,

I suffer with a Z790 Riptide WiFi, 14900KS, AsRock RX7900XTX machine, with 2x2 KIT G.Skill 8200 memories that I use on a 5600
As soon as I start a 3DMark test, the machine gives a black screen and then restarts. Sometimes it can't find the RX7900XTX video card after that, then it gives 5 short beeps, but Windows starts based on the machine sounds. Sometimes, after the second such start, there was already an image, but Adrenalin said that there was no compatible GPU in the machine. There was a case where an integrated GPU went with the Radeon, in which case the Radeon gave a black screen, but the iGPU still gave an image, the machine could be used in this form. also 7.06 bios. The
black screen reboots also occur during games. iRacing, Euro Truck.... Love. No matter how much I load Baseline or even Bios optimize profile, now the machine doesn't work at all, only the internet browser is stable. I found settings that seemed stable with the previous Beta bios, but they don't work with 7.06 either.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdmcclintic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2024 at 2:11am
Hi, and thanks for joining the discussion.

Are you loading in just the default BIOS settings in Easy mode when you start up, or have you played with any of the settings in the OC Tweaker? We'd love to see what used to work and what it is loading in for your set up. Some things that have helped get more stability is throttling the CPU until you find that stability come back. This usually comes in two areas of the OC Tweaker CPU settings, and possibly also the Ram section.

Under CPU Configuration, there is the option to change the multiplier of the P-Cores and the E-Cores. It's simply called CPU-P-Core Ratio , Then a number selection called All Core below that line. That number is the multiplier, and setting it to 56ish range for P-Core and 44 foe E-Core has brought many people a more stable system. This will throttle your whole system a bit, but we are hopeful that this is temporary until Intel and ASRock can figure out an ideal solution.

Also, make sure that your CPU cooler type is correctly identified so the system can protect your CPU from Thermal Throttling. Under CPU Cooler Type and Power Preset > (Select the type of Cooling system you have. Be it an Air Cooler, or large/Smaller Liquid AIO (All in One, ie radiator).

Lastly (Yes, you will probably need to do all of these steps) further down, set the CPU TJ Max (The hottest you want to allow the CPU in Celsius before they MB reduces the wattage) to no more then 100, which is the default. For perspective, that is the boiling point of water, so HOT! I actually set mine to 99 just to make double sure it doesn't sit there too long, but intel has certified them to 100 long term. THEN, under that, set the Long Duration power limit to 253.000 (This is in Watts, and is the power draw when doing long term task such as huge renders or gaming with max settings). Then any time frame you feel is appropriate. usually no more then a minute (60s), I think they default to 48 sec. Then the Short duration power limit to 253 (Watts) or less as well (Video Games almost never hit this limit, so really only for production level things). THEN, and this is the one that got them into trouble, make sure CPU Core Unlimited Current Limit is DISABLED! They (All Mother Board makers, it seems) were throwing huge amounts at the CPU, and crashing them, so turn this off. Set the voltage to no more then 307.00. This seems to be a number that got people stability as well.

If you want to be able to monitor your system, I recommend Core Temp, a free program that will show you The power draw, and CPU Temp of all the cores, so you can see if it is hitting the 100 degree temperature before throttling/ Crashing. This can be useful when trying to determine where your crashes are coming from.
Intel i9 14900kf
ASRock z790 Riptide WiFi
NVidia 3080 10 gb
128 GB G Skill DDR5
Perec1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perec1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2024 at 3:27pm
Hi, I have currently taken the machine to pieces, dusted everything, assembly is in progress. This will take several days of work, as my PC case is not a small piece. We are talking about a Thermaltake Level 20 XT. ?? As soon as I put everything together, Windows will be reinstalled, by then maybe a new Radeon Adrenalin driver will be released. When I'm ready, I'll report back with the requested BIOS settings and new experiences.
Darkje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 2:20am
Intel posted some new guidelines (18-june-2024) for Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen (K/KF/KS) CPU's.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/June-2024-Guidance-regarding-Intel-Core-13th-and-14th-Gen-K-KF/td-p/1607807

With the new bios it still doesn't exactly match what it says there, for me with Z790 steel legend wifi + i5-13600kf.

If it set those by hand, it does hurt benchmarking performance but in all day use and gaming it's not very noticeable.

I guess with some (more) undervolting I would be able to get better performance out of the recommended settings, but at the current defaults the vCore is a bit high it seems.
Perec1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perec1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 3:47am
Hello,

Well, my PC is done today. Dust removed, CPU re-pasted, CPU contacts checked for bent contacts (none), burnt contacts (none), power supply ok. I am describing the configuration of the machine for information only.
Motherboard: AsRock Riptide Z790 Wifi
CPU: I9 14900KS
CPU cooler: ThermalTake TOUGHLIQUID Ultra 420 All-In-One Liquid Cooler
Ram: 2x F5-8200J4052F24GX2-TZ5RW Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-8200 CL40-52-52-131 1.35V 48GB (2x24GB), (96GB) (This will be interesting later.)
VGA: AsRock RX 7900 XTX Taichi
Sound card: Sound Blaster ZxR
Chipset: SeaSonic Prime Gold 1300W
PC case: ThermalTake Level 20 XT, 9x 140mm fans (3 of which are for CPU cooling), 2x 200mm fans on the front panel.
SSD: WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD 512GB (Windows), WD_BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD 512GB (For programs), WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD 1TB (For games)
HDD: 6x WD (HGST HUH721212ALE600)
BIOS: 7.06
So I managed to put it together today. I started with a CMOS reset and then entered the BIOS. As usual, it recognized the memories as 4000MHz, then rebooted after a Load Bios Default Setting (F9) and already indicated them as 4800. Here I entered the Dram settings menu of the OverClok section, where you can check the Dram Slots individually. This is where it got interesting. Right, I have 2 Dual channel kits from the above memories, which according to my memories were identical in all parameters until now. Not now, if possible I'll attach a picture of it. One of the modules generated an XMP profile #5 with interesting content, and the pair of this memory (and this memory) contains different settings for the XMP 8200 profile than the other two mating modules. In the case of 8200MHz, the factory setting is CL40-52-52-131 1.35V. This is on the box of both kits, on the factory label on the memory, at the same time, in the Bios for one of the pairs, it is CL40-52-50-131 1.35V and it is generated for one of the modules of this pair an XMP profile with 5 interesting values. Regardless of whether the memory is alone, with its partner, or with a module belonging to another kit, or plugged into any memory location, this profile is there. I restored the BIOS 7.05 Beta version, it is also present there. I didn't go back to the previous BIOS, but according to my memories, when I bought the kit (December 2023) and assembled the machine, everything was fine in the BIOS at that time, it tested the modules at the same timing and the XMP profile number 5 was not there either. It's interesting that this is only for 1 module, no matter where I put it, in any combination. Go back to the retailer under warranty. (There is a 10-year warranty in principle) Tomorrow I will do a Windows installation with only the two memories I think are good (the other one will be returned to the seller under warranty). There is so much progress that I managed to run a 3dMark test with the 4 modules without any problems, the one before froze after loading the test, but as I said, this extra profile and the timings are not normal for the other two modules.
Memory with XMP profile corresponding to factory parameters:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2444124625757140&set=a.2444124699090466

A module of the other Kit, where the XMP is no longer 52, 52, but 52, 50:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2444124609090475&set=a.2444124699090466

The other module of the same 52.50 timing kit created a 5 XMP profile with interesting settings. Minxe is present with which module of which Kit, or alone, placed in any memory slot:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2444124639090472&set=a.2444124699090466

This Kit goes back to the store under warranty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic