ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having issue with new video card on a old Mobo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 2:37pm
The iGPU (Radeon 7660) needs to be disabled in the UEFI, if enabled it can cause confusion and stuttering in games. Once disabled you should run DDU again and install your drivers fresh. AMD's APUs throttle the CPU when the iGPU is loaded for power and TDP reasons, this can result in bottlenecking when a faster discrete GPU is installed. If this is happening when you are using your R9 380 then it explains your issues in gaming.

As for the RAM, try what Parsec suggested and post back.

Subzero664 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subzero664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 5:32am
Update did the steps and now the bio's wont load. Then it shuts off after 2-4 min with 26-10-15 displaying on the motherboard. So I get to reseat things and then try without the video card to see if it boots. I tried to clear the cmos to fix is but no go. So after work I get to do the process of elimination to get it to boot.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:11am
Originally posted by Subzero664 Subzero664 wrote:

Update did the steps and now the bio's wont load. Then it shuts off after 2-4 min with 26-10-15 displaying on the motherboard. So I get to reseat things and then try without the video card to see if it boots. I tried to clear the cmos to fix is but no go. So after work I get to do the process of elimination to get it to boot.

Cry

Keep us posted ...........

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:13am
26, 10, and 15 are system memory related...... odd that on a simple BIOS reset.

Plug ahead ignoring those three .........

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subzero664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:35am
I came across something to but not sure if it would work or not. Just incase the bios became corrupt would you recommend trying to put a flash version on a usb to see if it does anything or finding the disk that came with it to see if it does anything? fans come on and I hear my disk drive trying to run or disk drive. But the keyboard numlock doesn't light up and the mouse doesn't seem to have power going to it either.  Its behavior is doing what it would do if I was in bios trying to do a flash update, but if I didn't do it or try to back out it would shut off the system. When I was able to get into bios.  Saying if I used a usb put it in a 2.0 but a 3.0 should work just as well right? But this way has a 50/50 chance to fix the issue or not.

Confused

Edited by Subzero664 - 18 Feb 2017 at 6:37am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:43am
Na. Do not go there just yet please. But if yo decide to, only use a 2.0 port at the rear I/O.

Did you have your fingers in it since? Check the 4 or 8-pin ATX12V is still connected securely. Pull it out and re-seat it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subzero664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:56am
Nope I didn't only thing I did was fighting with my display drivers by using DDU in safemode. After I changed some settings in northbridge just disabling multimonitor worked fine. But both radeon setting and GPu-z was seeing a x8. So I made a double check on bio's version it was a 1.70 since someone said something about flashing the bios and I found the current one for my motherboard. Windows wouldn't take the window option. So I moved to adding the flash rom and put it on a USB. I ran it went fine it said press enter I did and the problem started from there. I told my brother about it and he is thinking the file didn't go well.
When I cleared the cmos I used the button in the back next to the usb ports. 
Just a side question. When I did the flash was I suppose to use the 2.0?

Edited by Subzero664 - 18 Feb 2017 at 7:02am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Subzero664 Subzero664 wrote:

Nope I didn't only thing I did was fighting with my display drivers by using DDU in safemode. After I changed some settings in northbridge just disabling multimonitor worked fine. But both radeon setting and GPu-z was seeing a x8. So I made a double check on bio's version it was a 1.70 since someone said something about flashing the bios and I found the current one for my motherboard. Windows wouldn't take the window option. So I moved to adding the flash rom and put it on a USB. I ran it went fine it said press enter I did and the problem started from there. I told my brother about it and he is thinking the file didn't go well.
When I cleared the cmos I used the button in the back next to the usb ports. 
Just a side question. When I did the flash was I suppose to use the 2.0?

We did not make the point clear enough, ONLY use INSTANT FLASH to update the BIOS.

I'm not sure what you meant by Windows would not take the Window BIOS update option. It refused to run, or what? If there was any BIOS corruption, it might have happened at that point.

Normally for older mother boards, we suggest using the USB 2.0 ports. Normally older boards use add on chips for the USB 3.0 ports, and USB flash drives may not be recognized in the BIOS. But your board has native to the AMD chipset, two USB 3.0 ports on the IO panel. But there are also two add on chip ASMedia USB 3.0 ports, and knowing which are which is not simple.

To be safe, use a USB 2.0 port on the IO panel for your next try at a BIOS update. It seems strange the BIOS update caused a memory issue. I asked you if the memory you are using is from ONE matched set of DIMMs, not multiple kits of the same model, which are not guaranteed to be matched, from most memory manufactures. I don't really think you answered that question.

If you cannot get the board to POST, remove half the memory, and clear the BIOS/CMOS again.

Is loading the default values the same as a BIOS clear. NO it is not! Not at all. You must use either the jumper on the board, or the Clr CMOS switch on the IO panel. in BOTH cases, please shutdown the PC, turn off the PSU, unplug from AC power, let it sit for a minute, and then press the button or use the jumper. After a BIOS clear, you should be prompted to enter the BIOS, or to just let the PC boot. If you don't see that prompt, the BIOS was not cleared.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subzero664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 12:35pm

First I tried windows flash version but it was for a windows 8. But windows 10 wouldn't even try it. So I grabbed the instant flash and went into bio to use the instant flash I have on my usb only file.  It went throw and said to press enter to reboot I did. Then the problem started after that.  Didn't do it in windows

And on the ram its a gskill 1330 but ill give more information when I pull them out tonight to reseat them. It was one of the chips on a recommended related to the motherboard when I was researching newegg what they had and used that chart to determine what ram to get. Going between newegg and asrock on that motherboard.  The gskill came with 2 sets both same model and type all the same thing recommended by that list. So to answer your question it is one matched set of Dimms.
Ill do that to try to get it to post.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subzero664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 3:50pm
She is back up. Not sure if it was the flash it is a 2.30 now, but found out that b1/b2 stopped working all 4 cards work. Since they functioned fine in a1/a2. So guess her dual days are done. But she still has 16gb to play with out of the deal instead of 32gb with 2 cards.  Which originally she was 64gb or was suppose to be. Since all 4 chips was F3-1866c10d-16GSR. DDR3-1866 CL 10-10-30 1.50V,  All 4 16gb.

But the bright side she is properly seeing the video card as x16 not a x8. Seen a big improvement. Before I loaded world of warcraft I deleted the major three. It put the recommend setting at 7 with other sections at high to ultra. Before it would only do 5 and everything was automaticly set low. She seems to be running smooth in it.  Then I put on assasins creed Major different lol.

Thanks everyone ClapStar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic