ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having issue with new video card on a old Mobo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 7:55pm
Oh, you have two(2) separate kits of 16GB(2x8GB).

Important: Were the 2 kits working together on this system prior? Or did this all begin when you tried to include/add the second kit?

It's working again. That's good though.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Subzero664 Subzero664 wrote:

So guess her dual days are done. But she still has 16gb to play with out of the deal instead of 32gb with 2 cards.  Which originally she was 64gb or was suppose to be. Since all 4 chips was F3-1866c10d-16GSR. DDR3-1866 CL 10-10-30 1.50V,  All 4 16gb.

Ok, now I'm more confused than ever.

These kits you have, F3-1866C10D-16GSR, are 2 sticks/cards of 8GB each, combined equal 16GB/kit, or 32GB with both kits. But not 64GB.
Subzero664 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subzero664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 7:51am
might of been a brainfart guess it was suppose to be 32 with all 4 but thinking 64 with the duel channel. All 4 did work before last time I did anything related to the bios or motherboard was when I setup this system years ago that all ram chips worked and seen as duel channel. These 2 wks was the only time I had a reason to do anything with the bios. I dont even try overclocking even though what I did get was made for it.  Before I started doing anything with the motherboard at first it only read 2 cards in a1/a2 but on top was listed as duel channel and the other 2 was blank. which I found fishy compared to the last time it was listing all 4 sticks.  Then before I flashed the bio's it switched from duel in bios to single above the ram which was fishy to. When 2.30 was put on then it had issues related to memory. 

When I did move the ram or 2 of them out of b1/b2 it booted up with no issues. Then I placed the ram back into those slots then it wouldn't boot. Then I took out the other ram in a1/a2 no boot still with the ram left in b1/b2. So I moved those sticks in b1/b2 and moved them to a1/a2 to see if it was the ram itself. Nope it booted without a problem. Then I moved the ram from a2 to b1. So it could try to use the duel channel mode because the other setup was single channel. Nope wouldn't boot with that, but it would when I moved the card back into a2 from b1.  Then I checked the other 2 duel channel slots a2/b2 no boot but placed both back in a1/a2 it would boot up just fine.  Since b1/b2 isn't working like it us to I can't duel channel the existed ram. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 9:52am
Please list out all the components that make up your system, by Manuf and P/N. Also state how old the current PSU is.
Subzero664 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subzero664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 5:47am
Need to look at P/N, but to start off I replaced the PSU last year same time I got the new video card. Since the old PSU was dieing 800w ninja if I recall. Playing metal gear and as I pick up a sniper rifle to pick things off the system would just shut off and not due to over heating. 850w replacement fixed that problem was a EVGA 850 black edition bronze PSU.  CPU is a AMD 64bit 3.8ghz FM2. Then the g-skill sticks of ram that I listed with western digital HDD 500gb 7200 rpm then another but 1T 7200 rpm. Then I have a pci wireless card. That's all the components I have in the system. Then video card is a Asus r9 380 4gb gaming card.
ill need to look at the p/n's later.  With the ram think with the duel channel it was suppose to be 16 for each chip and on single channel it was 8gb. When I took a look at overdrive it listed 1 ram stick as 8gb but its max capacity was 16gb.  

Edited by Subzero664 - 21 Feb 2017 at 6:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic