ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 Taichi overclocking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lantony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by clubfoot clubfoot wrote:

Take into consideration that you have moved from a Z170 to a Z270 chip set and different board manufacturer and may not be able to copy and paste UEFI settings.

It is not necessary to run XMP to have a stable o/c or extract max measurable performance. The easiest way to load an XMP profile (if it's compatible with your new board) is with UEFI defaults,...then over clock. Just keep in mind that it may limit your o/c or not work at all :(

The mods will help you with the correct ram slots and UEFI settings.

true but if i am going from an "old" 120??mobo into a new over 200??mobo i would expect better results better overclocking and performances right? now i am at lower speed and higher temps..... I will do some additional attempts and try to understad the reason of these higher temps
Asrock Z270 Taichi v1.30
i5 7600k @ 5ghz
16gb Corsair Vengeance LED 3200
Corsair H80i
Zotac 1070 GTX AMP
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:53pm
>>i would expect better results better overclocking and performances right?
No,...definitely not. There are too many variables. Improved performance,...OK. New features,...yes. But same or lower temps and higher overclockability,...no! If you do then run with it, as there are no guarantees :)

Have you reseated your cooler pump? Are you running the same fan profiles? Is the pump on high? Is the rad clean? Is the ambient temp higher? Were you using the same video card? Use HWiNFO for temps,...the latest version detects Corsair coolers too.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:27pm
Clubfoot just about covered it. 

There are so many variables at play here, new PCH, new IO, new VRM section, different layout etc. It isn't a simple case of "newer is better", newer is simply newer and better featured. Overclocking is dependent on a wide variety of factors and is not guaranteed by any manufacturer. Some parts will work well together, others not so much.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by roccale roccale wrote:

I have tried many configuration to use my ram:
GALAX HOF 4000 B-DIE
PATRIOT VIPER 4 3733 B-DIE
with command rate 1t but apparently seems impossible.
Even at low frequency ram as 3200 ....
The taichi at this point do 4 fake boot and reset default ...
Someone have a screen with asrock timing configurator settings at 1t that really works?
Someone good screen with asrock timing configurator and good settings for b-die ram?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
HAVE A NICE DAY TO ALL.

From your post you are referring to the X370 Taichi not the Z270 Taichi. I don't imagine you would be bothered with 1T command rates or Samsung B-Die RAM on the Z270. 
roccale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roccale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:41pm
No I speak just Z270.
I would like to make it go to 1t with good timigs.
Why is this not possible?
asus apex WORK FINE WITH 1T but why i have to buy an APEX?
ASROCK IS NOT ABLE TO DO A GOOD BIOS FOR B-DIE and z270???
Or u can help me with a good settings for a performance ram daily for my b-die?
I think b-die can work at 1.5v in daily or not?
Thx in advance.
M

Edited by roccale - 05 Apr 2017 at 10:53pm
i7 7700k@5400mhz 1.476v
ASROCK Z270 TAICHI
GALAX HOF DDR4 4000
Zotac 1080ti Amp! Extreme@2150mhz.
EK PREDATOR 240 + WB EK EVO FN
CARBIDE AIR 540
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:01am
>>PATRIOT VIPER 4 3733 B-DIE
>>with command rate 1t but apparently seems impossible.
>>Even at low frequency ram as 3200 ....
>>The taichi at this point do 4 fake boot and reset default ...

I'm going to regret this but:

After the 4 fake boots does it stop at the ASRock screen and show menu selections for entering the UEFI or continuing?
If yes,...go into the UEFI. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING! F10, save and reboot. Did it keep the 1T? If yes,...be happy :)

If no,....ram to AUTO, reboot, change to 1T, does it keep the 1T? If yes,...increase ram speed one increment at a time (DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE), reboot.

Results?

Edited by clubfoot - 06 Apr 2017 at 12:01am
roccale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roccale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:08am
Entering uefi to continue.

If i enter in uefi all is at default settings.

I try ram to auto and only change 1t.
Tomorrow i can say u something.
Thx.
M.

i7 7700k@5400mhz 1.476v
ASROCK Z270 TAICHI
GALAX HOF DDR4 4000
Zotac 1080ti Amp! Extreme@2150mhz.
EK PREDATOR 240 + WB EK EVO FN
CARBIDE AIR 540
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:13am

Entering uefi to continue.

If i enter in uefi all is at default settings.

I try ram to auto and only change 1t.
Tomorrow i can say u something.
Thx.
M.

If you previously set 1T, it then fake booted 4 times, you entered UEFI, it will show default or what it "thinks" will work, just press F10, save and exit and see if 1T takes@3200 :(
Fraggers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:25am

I think b-die can work at 1.5v in daily or not?

very safe with samsungSmile
lantony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lantony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Clubfoot just about covered it. 

There are so many variables at play here, new PCH, new IO, new VRM section, different layout etc. It isn't a simple case of "newer is better", newer is simply newer and better featured. Overclocking is dependent on a wide variety of factors and is not guaranteed by any manufacturer. Some parts will work well together, others not so much.

Sorry maybe There is a misunderstanding....I didn't mean newer is better I just meant that I am going from a z170 not totally optimized for kabylake into a z270 created for those processors,plus I am going from an 8 phases Mobo to a 12 phases Mobo that costs double so I expected to have more oveclocking features (which ASRock has) and more stability / better vcore management . I will recheck the Corsair aio , the CPU pin for the pump is set on pump full speed in bios so it's ok, the fan configuration is the same as before 

Edited by lantony - 06 Apr 2017 at 12:40am
Asrock Z270 Taichi v1.30
i5 7600k @ 5ghz
16gb Corsair Vengeance LED 3200
Corsair H80i
Zotac 1070 GTX AMP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic