ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

instant flash choice not available?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmunn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 7:27pm
I thought the fatal1ty x370 gaming professional was the top tier board from asrock for the am4 platform? over $200 usd vs $170 usd for the taichi ?
wmunn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmunn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Long post and boot looping is typically RAM training and failing in the scenario you mentioned. 

This is a new architecture and there are going to be a lot of headaches getting things to work right. If you look at tech reviews you will note that many of them spent days just trying to get the systems to run stable, these are reviewers with numerous spare parts laying about to test. The common problem across most reviews I have watched/read has been RAM compatibility and the 1T issue I have been going on about. I am not saying that is the only issue but it is the largest stability related issue. Its impossible to test a system if you can't even get the RAM to consistently work Angry

What troubles me is the amount of people posting good results on Ryzen using trident z 3600 modules. I specifically ordered these based on them being g.skills highest binned ram chips, figuring that the keep the best chips for their higher end products. I took a lot of criticism over this choice , being told the x370 wouldn't work with such high speed memory, and using a 4 module kit was also called into question .everyone was saying go with 2 16gb modules instead of 4 8gb modules.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by wmunn wmunn wrote:

I thought the fatal1ty x370 gaming professional was the top tier board from asrock for the am4 platform? over $200 usd vs $170 usd for the taichi ?

It is, on the gaming side. The difference is a few gaming centric features but performance and build quality is more or less the same Wink
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by wmunn wmunn wrote:

What troubles me is the amount of people posting good results on Ryzen using trident z 3600 modules. I specifically ordered these based on them being g.skills highest binned ram chips, figuring that the keep the best chips for their higher end products. I took a lot of criticism over this choice , being told the x370 wouldn't work with such high speed memory, and using a 4 module kit was also called into question .everyone was saying go with 2 16gb modules instead of 4 8gb modules.

When dealing with RAM issues it's always best to use 1 or 2 modules for testing. Generally 4 DIMMs will cause more issues than 2 which is why you were catching some flack for going the 4 DIMM route. 
wmunn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmunn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 8:47pm
well,

The motherboard and Ram is all boxed up with return RMA labels on them. Will wait for them to refund my money, then re evaluate what is available in stock. Hopefully they will still have the ddr4 modules that G.Skill has released specifically for Ryzen. They have 2 models of it out now.

G.SKILL FORTIS Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) AMD X370 / B350 / A320 Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C17D-16GFT

and

G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) AMD X370 / B350 / A320 Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C17D-16GFX
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:10pm
Best of luck to you Thumbs Up
dispr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dispr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Please go to the BIOS d/l page for your board and once there you will notice the teal EFI SHELL, click on it and you will be presented with instructions on now using the EFI Shell to update the BIOS

Any tips on flashing to a new bios? I don't have the tool in the bios settings either.. Also, looking at the bios download page on the Asrock website, I can't find the efishell link. I haven't tried to dos method, kinda scared :). 

Thanks

Edited by dispr - 12 Mar 2017 at 2:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic