ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB LED Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbeanjaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 5:14pm
HI,i have the same problem
would you like to send me the utility to wipe and reprogram Led flash
this is my email: Mastergrade@hotmail.com
Baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
Board: X370 Gaming K4
BIOS: 2.50
Apps: APP SHOP,  ASRock RGB LED (v1.0.21),  ASRock F-Stream (v3.0.132)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Both LED Channels set in BIOS to "static" and 100 R - 0 G - 0 B
I have no extra LEDs other than red ones on my fans that are red by design so the BIOS settings in 2.50 dont appear that they would impact the LED settings for the chipset heatsink

The normal default color and pattern of the chipset heatsink is a "breathing" red.  I wanted to set this to a "static" red.  When I installed the ASRock RGB LED APP and ran it for the first time, it immediately, without me doing anything, set the chipset heatsink LED on the mobo to a "static" white.  Any changes I  make in the  ASRock RGB LED app are not shown by the  chipset heatsink LED.  Any time I try to use the "on//off" toggle button on the app for the chipset heatsink, the toggle button and the drop down menu become unresponsive.

Please help me change the chipset heatsink LED back to red.  i dont care anymore if it is static or breathing. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Baron Baron wrote:

BIOS: 2.50
Apps: APP SHOP,  ASRock RGB LED (v1.0.21),  ASRock F-Stream (v3.0.132)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Both LED Channels set in BIOS to "static" and 100 R - 0 G - 0 B
I have no extra LEDs other than red ones on my fans that are red by design so the BIOS settings in 2.50 dont appear that they would impact the LED settings for the chipset heatsink

The normal default color and pattern of the chipset heatsink is a "breathing" red.  I wanted to set this to a "static" red.  When I installed the ASRock RGB LED APP and ran it for the first time, it immediately, without me doing anything, set the chipset heatsink LED on the mobo to a "static" white.  Any changes I  make in the  ASRock RGB LED app are not shown by the  chipset heatsink LED.  Any time I try to use the "on//off" toggle button on the app for the chipset heatsink, the toggle button and the drop down menu become unresponsive.

Please help me change the chipset heatsink LED back to red.  i dont care anymore if it is static or breathing. 

Baron, by chance do you have BOTH RGB_LEDx and the USB connections to the MB connected?

You should have gotten the square Wraith MAX heatsink.

Only one of the RGB connections need made. Not both.

Please post back as I have another trick up my sleeve if that isn't what's happened there.

phantz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 3:39am
Board : X370 Killer Sli
BIOS : 2.50
CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 1600
APP : APP SHOP, A-Tuning v3.0.132.0,  Asrock RGB Utility v1.0.21.0

Hi, it seems that I am having the same problem as baron, RGB utility ran for the first time and work for a while until it turn my mobo heatsink led to static white, which I no longer able to turn off either via RGB utility app or bios
vlado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 7:22pm
BIOS: 3.00
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Same issue as Baron. Mobo RGB Led stuck on white when I first started ASRock RGB Led App. No additional led strips attached. Is there any solution how to fix that and revert back to red light ?
vlado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote vlado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:51am

Hey Guys, I found a way to fix the RGB lights on my board. Here is what I did:

1)  I have installed ASRock RGB LED ver:1.0.24 application
2)  open cmd NOT powershell as an administrator (type "cmd" in search bar right click & choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu)
3) go to RGB app installation folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\"
4) flash the RGB chip using the following command "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08" - this takes around 15 seconds.  

I've got following messages

----------------------------------------------------------------------
   wICPFLASH v1.0.16 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Project Name = X370 Gaming K4
BIOS Version = P3.00
Reading file: nu51_1.08...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Company ID: 0x000000DA, Device ID: 0x00210050
Erasing:     EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Programming: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Verifying:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

CheckSum: F817

Motherboard RGB lights are working again ^_^

Edited by vlado - 26 Jul 2017 at 10:30pm
pixelectric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pixelectric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:31pm
This method worked great for my AB350M board. Mine prior was stuck on flashing every color fast. Thanks!

Originally posted by vlado vlado wrote:

2)  open cmd NOT powershell as an administrator (type "cmd" in search bar right click & choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu)
3) go to RGB app installation folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\"
4) flash the RGB chip using the following command "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08" - this takes around 15 seconds.  
S0UNDWAVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S0UNDWAVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:44pm
I have the Killer Sli AC 370 and figured why not giive it a go.
I tried this method you poisted and it says "CMD_RPD_HIGH_LOW data not match.
FAIL"

Edited by S0UNDWAVE - 17 Aug 2017 at 7:46pm
Newgo17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newgo17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 2:15pm
Any Idea on whether or not the boards support Addressable RGD LED's? or is there an outside program that will help? specifically, the b350 Fatality ITX board
davidallen353 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidallen353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:14am
Originally posted by vlado vlado wrote:

I've got following messages

wICPFLASH v1.0.16 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Project Name = X370 Gaming K4
BIOS Version = P3.00
Reading file: nu51_1.08...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Company ID: 0x000000DA, Device ID: 0x00210050
Erasing:     EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Programming: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Verifying:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

CheckSum: F817

Motherboard RGB lights are working again ^_^

Worked for me except the filename was different. It was "nu51_1.10". You have to check what is in your particular folder.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic