ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB LED Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parinaspaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 4:50am
Originally posted by dariomartial dariomartial wrote:

I do have sort of same problem but myne is related on software not starting, showing a window posting error violation code ffffffffff or hhhhhhhnothing else, closing window just a portion of the program showing, I solved the probkem running compatibility test and result running vompability for window XP SOLVED THE PROBLEM, NOW MY SOFTWARE IS RUNNING PERFECTLY and alll RGB light work and I can change style and all I want, HOPE THIS CAN HELP !
Forgot to say I am running Window 10 pro 64 bit!

-------------------

How did you run it on compatibility test?
Ryzen 3 2200g
AB350m Pro4
-bios version 4.70
Trident Z 2x4gb 3200mhz
TheNoize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNoize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 2:25am
Originally posted by vlado vlado wrote:

Board: X370 Gaming K4
BIOS: 3.00

Hey Guys, I found a way to fix the RGB lights on my board. Here is what I did:

1)  I have installed ASRock RGB LED ver:1.0.24 application
2)  open cmd NOT powershell as an administrator (type "cmd" in search bar right click & choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu)
3) go to RGB app installation folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\"
4) flash the RGB chip using the following command "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08" - this takes around 15 seconds.  

I've got following messages

----------------------------------------------------------------------
   wICPFLASH v1.0.16 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Project Name = X370 Gaming K4
BIOS Version = P3.00
Reading file: nu51_1.08...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Company ID: 0x000000DA, Device ID: 0x00210050
Erasing:     EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Programming: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Verifying:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

CheckSum: F817

Motherboard RGB lights are working again ^_^

Based on the good feedback, I tried this. RGB LED 1.0.34 was giving a start error after I updated to 3.60 BIOS

All it did was reset lights to blue...goodbye beautiful custom purple :( 

Now I try to start the RGB LED app and it won't even say anything, won't start... Please help :(
Taichi X370 | Ryzen 1700 | GSkill B-Die 2x8 GB
Ryzen81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryzen81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 8:59am
I have the same issue where it won't shut off and won't show red. I have tried multiple stuff and it just got worse. I suggest buying a remote and receiver for your LED strips until this problem gets resolved. 
fpg127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fpg127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 5:22pm
Just to help anyone that is having the issue where the program won't launch at all. I found that by disabling the RGB lighting program from my Team Delta TFORCE rgb ram (BLITZ) I was able to finally open the RGBLED program again. In the blitz program I set the lighting to OFF and then closed it. 

I believe this program is basically the same generic program other RAM companies use like G.Skill and probably some others.
xavierif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xavierif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 11:39pm
Just built my new PC and find the fault of this software. Very disappointed, think about returning this motherboard (fatal1ty x470 gaming k4) and get another brand :(
xavierif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote xavierif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by vlado vlado wrote:

<span style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">Board: X370 Gaming K4</span><div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">BIOS: 3.00<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">CPU:?[URL=https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-1700X-Processor-YD170XBCAEWOF/dp/B06X3W9NGG]AMD?Ryzen?7?1700X[/URL]<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">OS:?Windows 10 64Bit<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">Hey Guys, I found a way to fix the RGB lights on my board. Here is what I did:<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">1) ?I have installed?<span style=": rgb17, 17, 17; color: rgb204, 204, 204; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.5px;">ASRock RGB LED ver:1.0.24 application</span><div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">2) ?open cmd NOT powershell as an administrator (type "cmd" in search bar right click & choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu)<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">3) go to RGB app installation folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\"<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">4) flash the RGB chip using the following command "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08" - this takes around 15 seconds. ?<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">I've got following messages<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
? ?wICPFLASH v1.0.16 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Project Name = X370 Gaming K4
BIOS Version = P3.00
Reading file: nu51_1.08...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Erasing: ? ? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Programming: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Verifying: ? VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

CheckSum: F817

Motherboard RGB lights are working again ^_^

This worked for me. I have the Fatal1ty x470 gaming k4 mobo and the unique change you should do is this command: "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08"

You have to change nu41_1.08 for your current version. You can find it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin" and the current version as of the day of this post is nu51_2.07 so the final command you have to type is wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_2.07 and all runs OK.

Hope this helps sb out there.
Stonex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stonex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 5:32am

[/QUOTE]

This worked for me. I have the Fatal1ty x470 gaming k4 mobo and the unique change you should do is this command: "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08"

You have to change nu41_1.08 for your current version. You can find it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin" and the current version as of the day of this post is nu51_2.07 so the final command you have to type is wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_2.07 and all runs OK.

Hope this helps sb out there.[/QUOTE]
Wow took me forever to log in with password bs; but had to to let peeps know this works for my board x470 taichi ult (changed to ...nu51_2.07) which is current right now.
Hisgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hisgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 7:40am
I really need some help. I recently build a new pc with the next components:
-Asrock X470 Taichi
-Ryzen5 2600X
-Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mhz (from qvl list)
-Coolermaster ML240L RGB liquid cooler
-Coolermaster MasterFan MF120R ARGB 3in1
-Coolermaster MWE Gold 750 Full Modulair

Everything was working fine, except the RGB components. ASRRGBLED software didn't work. I found out about this post and followed the instructions by typing in the commands. Because it didn't work the first time I found out my version was not "nu51_1.08" but "nu51_1.10". So I changed the last two digits and executed the command. Suddenly the CPU fans started spinning at max speed. The fans on the cpu cooler are quite noisy, so my pc is making a lot of awfull noise right now. Changing the FAN settings in the bios didn't change a thing. I updated my bios to the latest version. But the fans are still spinning at max speed. I tried all different fan modes, including silent mode. Nothing helps. I'm getting crazy because of sound and frustration. Who knows what the problem is and how to fix this?

Thank you!
hamface55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamface55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:19am
Hello,

I have the asrock b450 pro4. The asrock RGB program sometimes would work and sometimes did not. I looked it upo and apparently I am not the only one with this issue. I follow this forum to fix http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4537&PN=5&title=rgb-led-issues I followed the post made by TheNoize (the one he quoted). When I get to the part where I put in wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08. it did not work. it said it was not found. I went to that file loaction and saw that I had two different files there. One was wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.10 and wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_2.07. I then put in wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.10. That worked but I still had the same issue with the ASROCK rgb program not opening. So I then tried wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_2.07 This caused my LEDs to shut off. The program is still not launching. I tried redoing everythign. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the ASrock rgb program. Nothing is working. When I put it wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_2.07 my LEDS start to do the breath red effect. I then get this error.

wICPFLASH v1.0.18 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Project Name = B450 Pro4
BIOS Version = P1.80
Reading file: nu51_2.07...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Erasing:     EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Programming: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Verifying:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

CMD_RPD_HIGH_LOW data not match.
               ########    ###    #### ##
               ##        ## ##    ## ##
               ##        ##   ##   ## ##
               ######   ##     ## ## ##
               ##       ######### ## ##
               ##       ##     ## ## ##
               ##       ##     ## #### ########

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin>

The # spell out FAIL in the cmd prompt by the way.

I know this is a long one and I know not a lot of people use asrock. If anyone knows a fix please help. I have found nothing online. PLEASEEEEEEEEEE
hamface55
pragger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pragger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:34am
I had this same issue and its extremely complex however ive been able to work around it. sort of... i have been able to get the rgb to sync and everything else works however im having issues with 2-3 leds in each fan/ strip where they are stuck on a previous input setting. if i start on static and change it to rainbow the 2/3 rgb lights will remain static and the remaining 13- 15 rgbs do what theyre supposed to. and as for your situation about the fail protocol, i get that too and then my fans go at full blast until i reset and flash 2.07 and it goes away and the program fails and recieve the fail error. im not sure of a soloution besides maybe resetting the bios but im scared it would mess up my computer even more.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic