ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670e Taichi Carrara Bios 3.10 problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670e Taichi Carrara Bios 3.10 problems
    Posted: 26 Jun 2024 at 8:25pm
Hi Asrock,
recently I updated my X670e Taichi to the latest BIOS (3.01) and I encountered a severe regression for my DDR5 ram kit.
I am using a Ryzen 7950x and a Corsair 96GB KIT (CMH96GX5M2B6000C30) that always worked like wonders with XMP 6000 AGGRESSIVE profile (wich gives me a NICE performance bump) until the 3.10 bios.

Firts thing I noticed is that with the latest bios there is a sort of "double boot": first there is memory training (code 15), then the system reboots and goes again in memory training , while with the previous bioses it would usually boot to windows. After this second boot, I usually have a 00 code after a minute or so of memory training. And the system fails to boot if using XMP 6000 Aggressive profile.
The funny thing is that if I press the reset button when the 00 code appears, the system reboots, goes into memory training and then it boots to Windows normally and the system is rock stable (mem-tested overnight).
However I am not confident in using this BIOS because when a memery training will occur again (usually in a couple of weeks or so if I am not changing settings) I will again get the 00 code at boot.
This behaviour never happened to me with previous Bioses with the same settings...

Finally, please Asrock, fix that damn bug that prevents the Waterpump fan Header from working during Memory training, making processors overheat and force the system to shut down! I had to completely change fan headers and settings with my Arctic Liquid Frezer III if I want to use individual controls on CPU fan, waterpump and VRM fan.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2024 at 11:19pm
I would open a support ticket with ASRock:
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

You can link to this thread in your ticket so they can check it out here on the
forums too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic