FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Gaming k6 issue, please HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 4:42pm
It does. I disconnect my PC speaker usually as I only ever use it when there is a problem I need to resolve. I just tested it now and can confirm the same behavior.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:31pm
Does your MOBO also beep on startup from sleep and shutdown?
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:30pm
Ah man, thanks an absolute sh*t ton man. I was having a heart attack over here, thank you over and over again! You have a wonderful night and I truly do appreciate your help and advice...I knew the board was good as I have done an intense amount of studying before I ordered all the parts for this custom build and this seemed like the best fit for what I wanted now and for the foreseeable future...glad it appears to be a bug. My mind feels much better hahahaha...and boot times are insane man with this Intel 600P...literally seconds...feels so nice to the standard 7200RPM HDD's.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:22pm
I just tested the sleep situation you mentioned and my board also shows a 30 code on the debug display when it wakes.

It is a bug, I wouldn't worry about it. I have stressed this system to hell and back and used it for months without a single issue. I will bring up the bug with Tech Support but it isn't something that will damage your system or indicate a problem. It likely is just a glitch in the debug system of the board Wink

You can put your mind at ease and enjoy your system now Thumbs Up
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:18pm
Honestly with the amount of bugs we saw with the 100 series boards to do with sleep I wouldn't worry about it. I prefer setting my system to shut down rather than sleep, with the kind of boot times we see today I really don't see the point of sleep at all anymore. I generally disable it.

If you are using windows 8/8.1 or 10 you can type "Power Plan" in your search box and click "choose a power plan" then click "change plan settings" and set sleep to "never".

Also, when you do shut down the system it is best for the system if you do not turn off power from the outlet. It will extend your system's lifespan as it is far less stressful on the power supply and motherboard. The only time I ever switch off at the wall (and unplug) is when there is a lightning storm or I will be away for an extended period. 

The Z270 Gaming K6 is a brilliant board, I have been using mine for several months now and it has been fantastic. 
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:07pm
Lol, I did as you suggested and that worked...you have no idea how scared I was that something was wonky. (I have really awful luck with this kind of stuff, so I assumed the worst). As for the Error Code 30 after sleep mode, I am still a bit concerned about it, but somewhat relieved by what you said earlier...how concerned should I be though? Thank you very much for all your help tonight...I didn't think anyone would answer me.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:59pm
Oh my. Thanks for all the help, I will try that...and as for the error code 30...you don't think it's a concern in my particular case?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:48pm
Ah, now I know the one you are talking about, it is one of the board's RGB LEDs under the PCH (chipset) heatsink. One of them is a little less covered by the heatsink and can glare a little. 

Install the "ASRock RGB LED" app from your product download page:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z270%20Gaming%20K6/index.asp?cat=#osW1064     (copy paste link)

It is toward the bottom of the list.

This app will allow you to configure your board's RGB LEDs, some will remain on like the BIOS indicator and power and reset buttons on the top right edge but the rest you can fully configure, color, brightness, flashing patterns etc.

The pulsing is the factory default.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:39pm
[URL=][/URL]I do have a RGB LED strip installed but I have turned them off with the remote that it came with...the other light still persists in an almost pulsating type rhythm. Big Deal or nah?

Edited by Kanty - 08 Mar 2017 at 2:40pm
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:36pm
And no, I can confirm that the light that is flashing is not the BIOS light...I see that now right next to Dr Debug Code. The flashing is coming from behind that large plastic piece (the one that says FATALITY ASROCK) above the BIOS light and below the installed RAM modules.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic