ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Gaming k6 issue, please HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 9:56pm
Enjoy your system Kanty and feel free to pop in here any time if you have any more questions Wink
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 11:15pm
I said in my first response that it might be the AURA LEDs that was flashing. LOL

Can you imagine if AURA was set to one of its other settings, with green, yellow, etc flashing or "breathing" as they call it?

In this case, that's not an error, it's a feature!
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 12:36am
Thanks guys, I will try not to be paranoid. It's hard though, cause I've had some awful luck in the past. Hahaha
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 12:37am
The Beep was the last concern I had out of boot and sleep, but apparently that is normal as well...although it is strange as I've never had a computer beep when it wakes or gets turned on.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Kanty Kanty wrote:

The Beep was the last concern I had out of boot and sleep, but apparently that is normal as well...although it is strange as I've never had a computer beep when it wakes or gets turned on.

A POST Ok single beep is normal from a cold boot or restart. That is an option in the UEFI/BIOS that can be enabled or disabled on most boards. ASRock sets it to disabled by default, the place that built the PC must have set it to enabled. But I will say that I never hear a beep when the board wakes from Sleep.

I wonder if Windows is configured to use Hibernate instead of Sleep on your PC.

What version of Windows do you have on that PC?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 1:34am
It does the same on mine with post beep enabled waking and entering sleep so who knows. Regardless it isn't an issue.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

It does the same on mine with post beep enabled waking and entering sleep so who knows. Regardless it isn't an issue.

Interesting, again my Z270 GK6 does not beep when waking from Sleep, and I use Sleep quite a bit.

Let me throw this out there, I have AURA disabled.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 2:11am
I will tinker around with settings and see what's up before we shuffle this off to tech support. The only thing I find odd is the 30 error on the debug display, it stays there once the system wakes until you shut down/restart.

My system also won't stay asleep, it powers down then right back on again. That has something to do with my settings in the OS though, I couldn't be bothered to sort it out as I never use sleep anyway.

Win 10 64 pro.

Edited by Xaltar - 09 Mar 2017 at 2:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic