ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD FX 6300 overheats....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:35am
try this calc and see what it comes out with i get 753w for your 3 ssd and a dvd drive etc this does not include your cooling

my system i get 659w so ive a bit of leeway when it comes to the cooler

also this dose not take in to account fans not plugged in to the board

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 12 Mar 2017 at 7:41am
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
quagmire94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quagmire94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:40am
http://cdn.overclock.net/a/ad/ad0bdac0_117a.jpeg       

so what part on here are regulators... and what do i need to cool. i got 1 40mm fan on the big heatsink 
and the others are not really not hot to the touch.

though after putting a fan on it it does  run differently

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quagmire94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:43am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Where or what app are you reading that temp from?
Corsair link. i also have ASrock extreme tuner just to look at temps n stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quagmire94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:50am
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:59am
heres what your looking for too cool, every one has power or move power in some way

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 12 Mar 2017 at 8:04am
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote quagmire94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 8:06am
so just cool the whole pc then.

i think  the part im cooling now is the part that needed to be cooled  . the bottom heatsink of the motherboard was hot like fire well 140F or so. after i installed the fan on it . it was running slow... then was speeding up faster and faster as it cooled off.
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 8:28am
 113f is is a rough estimate to go with  80.6F is what i used to get on my old cough "asus" socket 775 but just see how cool you can get it better you get them the much better they will peform that 140F is like its under load temp which its not
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 9:03am
Your board does not have CPU VRM temperature monitoring, you won't find a reading for it with any temperature monitoring program. Only a few high end boards have a CPU VRM temperature sensor.

"such coolness. 4 hours into playing overwatch/minecraft" is the title of the Corsair Link screenshot?

Yes, the CPU and liquid temps are good. Is that the new H100i?

Video card at 147.2F. Not abnormal for that length of gaming. Most of that heat is still being dumped into your PC case.

But you're fine now, right?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by quagmire94 quagmire94 wrote:

http://cdn.overclock.net/a/ad/ad0bdac0_117a.jpeg       

so what part on here are regulators... and what do i need to cool. i got 1 40mm fan on the big heatsink 
and the others are not really not hot to the touch.

though after putting a fan on it it does  run differently

In this pic the VRMs are directly above the cpu socket, between the socket and the rear I/O panel.

Too, and you may not like to read this, I'm not assured the TR2 600w with two low'ish 12V rails is up too the task being asked of it considering the addition NewEgg added of the 1060.

NewEgg Combo's are notorious for, among other things, not being well thought out to downright not compatible.

You need to keep the fan on the VRM, yet if you have a friend with a Name Brand PSU with a single 12v rail in the 550w-650w range if I were you I'd borrow it to test my fears that the Thermaltake you have is underpowered(2 12v rails).

I'm interested in what all you received in the Combo. Link to the Combo please.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 2:38pm
There seem to be 2 versions of the TR2 600w from Thermaltake:

If this is yours then it should be fine.

This one however is not good, 2 12v rails with low amperage. If this second one is the one you have then you need to make sure that you split the load between the 2 rails evenly. Using just the one rail means your system is only getting the benefit of about 350w - 400w depending on the rail you are using. I would not use this PSU in a system with your specs, it just doesn't have enough grunt on the 12v rails.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic