ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
stupidityleak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G
    Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 11:46am
My best advice is that you leave the latest firmware that you flashed, install the drivers provided in my previous post (let me know if they are no longer available, I can send them to you), and restart your computer afterwards. I've been able to duplicate the results on multiple machines with positive results 100% of the time.
Versus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Versus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:01am
Hi there !

I had the same issue !

I have Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming motherboard, due to numerous crashes on my Aquantia connection, I decided to proceed to a firmware update, apparently the firmware update run without no problem but now my Aquantia LAN connection not recognized anymore, I tried to revert and flash another firmware version (beta) but when I ty yo open Start.bat i open 2 seconds then it close !

What should I do in order to make my Aquantia LAN running agin, if you can help me it would be great !?

Thanks !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 11:25am
Rubber stamping without reading. Typical. I browse Reddit, but I don't contribute. It's just not worth the hassle. Imgur is a lot more fun, just as uptight but easier to swallow. Anyways, thanks again.
childofthekorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote childofthekorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 11:02am
Was the least I could do.  However the post was removed by mods for it being a "Tech Support Request".  Meh. 

Edited by childofthekorn - 25 Aug 2018 at 11:02am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 9:50am
Saw your post on Reddit. Thanks for helping others. Seems like everyone wants to complain instead of just trying what you posted on Reddit in regards to my forum post. You can lead a horse to water... but then the horse will get on Reddit and complain about everything that you're trying to help them with. hehe
childofthekorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote childofthekorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 8:55am
Originally posted by stupidityleak stupidityleak wrote:

Just in case anyone is having the same problems I was having, I have two identical systems with the ASROCK Fata1ity X370 Professional Gaming AM4 system with the Aquantia 5g NIC built into the board.

Both systems have the same issues:

Aquantia NIC shows connecting > reset > connecting > reset

or

Aquantia NIC would just not recognize anything plugged into it at all

I tried the beta firmware update listed on the ASROCK website and both the ASROCK issued driver and the Aquantia issued driver. Nothing worked.

I finally got in touch with Richard at Aquantia (he said to have anyone else having issues contact them at aqn_support@aquantia.com). Richard sent me a .ZIP file with a firmware update and new drivers. This is what I did:

Files

1. Empty the .ZIP folder into C:\update
2. Open Device Manager and update the Aquantia driver to the ones found in C:\update
3. Open a command prompt as Administrator
4. Browse to the C:\update folder
5. Run AtlFlashUpdate.exe
6. The firmware will update to 1.5.83
7. Once the process is complete, restart your computer
8. Adapter should now work normally.

Note: I have two of these systems and these steps fixed the problem on both. When I restarted after the firmware update, both systems hung after Windows shut down and I had to manually reset them but that was the only hangup.

I hope this helps.[URL=

I've had my x370 Fatal1ty Pro gaming for about a year.  I spent most of that time using a TP-LINK AC Wireless pci-e card to see how the current state of wireless is.  After switching to my aquantia I thought my mind was playing with me as overall webbrowsing, streaming and remoting were seemingly performing worse.  Even speed tests were inconsistent and seemingly jittery (looked like the sharpest roller coaster you ever saw).  I blew it off until I tried taking a home Proctored Certification Exam on the PC and was getting repeatedly disconnected.  Although I came across this thread early this year, its obvious you only recently posted this.  I followed the steps and its a night and day difference.  A big thank you for sharing this, its much appreciated. 

I've shared a link to your post reddit within /r/AMD, /r/ASROCK and I've sent an email to the email you listed below to share my experience, some logging information as well as what I've noticed improved, including the steady as a rock speedtest and improved quality in streaming.   Hoping to spread the word.  Hopefully Aquantia can do whats most important and get Mobo manufacturers to update their drivers to include the latest updates to fix it.  Anywho, its appreciated, and have a good one. 

Edited by childofthekorn - 17 Aug 2018 at 8:58am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:58am
Just in case anyone is having the same problems I was having, I have two identical systems with the ASROCK Fata1ity X370 Professional Gaming AM4 system with the Aquantia 5g NIC built into the board.

Both systems have the same issues:

Aquantia NIC shows connecting > reset > connecting > reset

or

Aquantia NIC would just not recognize anything plugged into it at all

I tried the beta firmware update listed on the ASROCK website and both the ASROCK issued driver and the Aquantia issued driver. Nothing worked.

I finally got in touch with Richard at Aquantia (he said to have anyone else having issues contact them at aqn_support@aquantia.com). Richard sent me a .ZIP file with a firmware update and new drivers. This is what I did:

Updated Files

1. Empty the .ZIP folder into C:\update
2. Open Device Manager and update the Aquantia driver to the ones found in C:\update
3. Open a command prompt as Administrator
4. Browse to the C:\update folder
5. Run AtlFlashUpdate.exe
6. The firmware will update to 1.5.83
7. Once the process is complete, restart your computer
8. Adapter should now work normally.

Note: I have two of these systems and these steps fixed the problem on both. When I restarted after the firmware update, both systems hung after Windows shut down and I had to manually reset them but that was the only hangup.

I hope this helps.

Edited by stupidityleak - 25 Aug 2018 at 11:35am
LucianAndries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LucianAndries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 1:20pm
Hey!

If all of you are having issues with the Aquantia 5G driver for the Fatal1ty Pro Gaming X370, then just go to Aquantia's website and download its real driver. DOH!

Are you little children or what?!

The chip module's number for Fatal1ty Pro Gaming X370 is ''AQC108''.

The rest is up to you. Good luck!

Edited by LucianAndries - 17 Jun 2018 at 1:22pm
onimk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onimk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Porsaan Porsaan wrote:

What features are you talking about? I have the same problem with ts and had to switch back to the intel nic. (this is on z370 fatality gamer i7 10gb).

Originally posted by bobble233 bobble233 wrote:

FYI, I still had this problem on the latest driver.  It's either a driver issue, or it's an issue with the hardware itself.  If you disable hardware checksum offload in the advanced driver options, everything works.  Please fix it asap..

Recently build new computer with z370 fatality gamer i7.
Do what bobble233 say : disabled in device-manager and the network aquantia -> proprity ->advanced : TCP / UDP checksum offload (IPv4) -> value : diasabled.

And Teamspeak and online game work.

But me remains ramdom spikes ping on every 3 ehternet (intel and aquantia) port, that i dont have with my old computer.

MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 8:53am
Kramomat, please try sending an e-mail to Quality@aquantia.com.  Maybe they can offer some help.  I suspect your only true recourse is to RMA your board with ASRock and I suggest you begin that now by opening a ticket with ASRock.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic