ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castravete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:29am
I also have a issue with aquantia on a z270 fatal1ty pro i7 .
after 2 days of use (brand new mainboard) on a 1 Gb connection the 5gb aquantia died!tried a lot of driver versions (almost all) it looks like it is ok but,it does not get any ip from router or any internet,if I put manually the ip no says no connection!!.Also if I disable it and enable it after 2 minutes it crashes the win 10Pro !Directly BSOD!!I am now on i219v but,it looks like the aquantia is like 30-50Mbps faster and faster ping than intel.
i am on a 1GB connection to the internet on FO.
i'll go and change the mobo in a few days.and come back with more results hoping the new-new mobo wont kill the Aquantia again.
jpopcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpopcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 6:33am
The 5GB aquantia connection: I have the same issue.  Tried both cat 6 and cat 7 cables.  Was thinking of RMA-ing the board just for this.  But now, it appears that the 5G chip or drivers are flaky for everyone.  Took me a while to pinpoint it.  It really disrupts all internet activity when connected.  Was going to try the drivers next, but  castravete already tried that (see above post).
castravete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castravete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 5:56am
it look's like the problem is with the usb ports under the aquantia port on the back of the board. seems like when you use those usb ports it is drawing power from the chip itself(aquantia) if you dont use them looks that is woring. i forgot to mention that i tries to rma the board but i could not wait 2 weeks for the service to fix/change it. i put it back in the chasis and the aquantia started to work again no issues. i realized that it has something to do with the usb ports under the Aquantia connector.
jpopcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpopcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:33am

Thank you for the suggestion.  Just tried removing all USB 3.0 cables from the MB back panel.  No go for me with the 5G LAN.  BTW, there are USB ports on the side of the 5G, and on the row above, but none underneath.  

Is there a way to disable the 5G in the BIOS?  I can?™t find that.  HD audio, yes, but no LAN controls at all.

Going to request RMA.  It can't hurt.   

castravete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castravete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 3:19pm
i have a z270 fatal1ty professional gaming i7 mobo. on my board the aquantia has a socket with 2 usb ports under.
but you can disable it from the os. but. it is a brand new board wtf! i culd not make peace with myself having a new defective board. so you should rma it,if it does not come to life.
jpopcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpopcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 5:04pm
I agree, why should we keep defective boards?  RMA it is. 
I have the Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370, which is the board in this thread.  But it's good to know that it doesn't matter, Intel or AMD, the 5G lan still sucks. 
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:34am
My 5gb/s port glitched for a while on my Fatality X370 Pro Gaming system as well.

I did my basic troubleshooting and eventually went into the MMC(Device Manager) and found it (along with the Intel and Wi-Fi), then I 'r-clicked' it and chose 'uninstall device'. I also chose the check box that gave the option to 'delete the driver software for this device'.

Afterwards I re-installed the driver software from the AsRock support page and it worked like a charm again.

ASRock 5gb/s Driver software

Hope it helps instead of an RMA. The Link is for Win10 64-bit OS downloads.

jpopcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpopcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 1:48pm
Thank you.  I tried uninstalling and deleting the drivers several times.  Today, I spoke with ASRock tech support.  They had me reset the CMOS using the pins, and after cutting the power and fully disconnecting the 24 pin power connector.  Still didn't work.  It was my experience that the 5G can work OK for a while.  In my case, I requested a RMA.
Norbert08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norbert08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 3:20pm
Hello, This is Bios or Driver problem. I have a Prof Gaming X370, and this is my problem... but the two lan (intel and Wifi) is perfect...
Sorry my bad English..
jpopcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpopcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:03pm
Yes.  My intel LAN and Wi-Fi also worked perfectly.  In fact, everything worked perfectly - except that 5G LAN.  And I tried everything that I could think of to fix it.  That's why when I called in for the RMA, I asked to speak with tech support.  Maybe they would have an answer, but no.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic