ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqc108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:13pm
Hello,

I may have a solution for your situation, but will need to verify a newer driver tonight with my system at home.  Standby for quite possibly a driver update.

Thanks,
Lester
jpopcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpopcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:59pm
Got a new board from Asrock under RMA warranty.  Same issue.  Newegg is a good test site.  Newegg's site loads nicely except when the 5G LAN is connected.  Then it will not connect.  Direct cat 6 connection from the cable modem to the 5G LAN input.  No go.  I just don't know what to think now.  Wow.
lowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by jpopcorn jpopcorn wrote:

Got a new board from Asrock under RMA warranty.? Same issue.? Newegg is a good test site.? Newegg's site loads nicely except when?the 5G LAN is connected.? Then it will not connect.? Direct?cat 6 connection?from?the cable modem to the 5G LAN input.? No go.? I just don't know what to think now.? Wow.

Must be your router because it's working fine for me with my X370 Gaming Pro.
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by jpopcorn jpopcorn wrote:

Got a new board from Asrock under RMA warranty.  Same issue.  Newegg is a good test site.  Newegg's site loads nicely except when the 5G LAN is connected.  Then it will not connect.  Direct cat 6 connection from the cable modem to the 5G LAN input.  No go.  I just don't know what to think now.  Wow.

Given that you seem to have tried everything on the PC side, have you tried updating the firmware of the modem/router? Might be worth a try.
Highflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 10:56pm
I have the ASRock Fatality X370 Pro Gaming and the Intel Lan NIC works flawlessly. But I have problems like "Stop 'N Go" with the Aquantia 5G LAN NIC.

I assume it could be a driver issue. @ Lester from Aquantia: A new driver is being eagerly expected! - Thanks for it in advance!Handshake

Edited by Highflyer - 05 Jun 2017 at 12:18am
jpopcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpopcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 2:15pm
My modem router is rented from Cox Cable, the Arris 24x8 Ultimate Tier device.  Upgrading the firmware is up to them.  I tried connecting directly to it with the 5G and still no go.  Then I tried configuring the advanced settings of the 5G to match the intel.  That's time consuming!  It didn't work either.  I agree with Highflyer above.  It's got to be a driver issue to establish greater compatibility.  Everything else is with this system is rocking!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 10:21am
An FYI to those still here concerning the Aquantia 5G port ...........

New Aquantia drivers that Users say remedy much concerning it:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5205&PID=29754&title=x370-pro-gaming-aquantia-lan-issue#29754

Originally posted by SoniC SoniC wrote:

P.S. ASRock support replied me this today:

please update to latest Aquantia LAN driver 1.40.42.0 from:

http://www.aquantia.com/driver-download/

choose part Number: AQN-108 and Platform: Windows 

And afterwards the install procedure... 
Nice for the Support to catch up to the latest driver versions too...
Anyway - it basically confirms what I am testing / feeling since 18 Hours+ on Aquantia now = with 1.40.42.0 drivers it actually works... 
And it works kinda better than intel I211 (might be a placebo though).

Highflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Highflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:21pm
Thank you for the latest Aquantia Nic driver! I have been testing it for a while and I think the driver improved a lot.

Edited by Highflyer - 05 Jun 2017 at 12:17am
Ivan_83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:59pm
You should try to set fixed 1Gb port speed instead auto in Aquantia nic settings.
My guess that Aquantia try to auto negotiate 5Gb speed, but fail.
Highflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:12am
The problem concerning Aquantia NIC not connecting to teamspeak server has been solved. I reinstalled some features of windows 10 64bit and installed XFast LAN via APP shop, that worked. I am happy now.Big smile

Edited by Highflyer - 12 Jun 2017 at 11:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic