ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > Achivement&Record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5.2GHz OC i7-7700K

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JCOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5.2GHz OC i7-7700K
    Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 3:01am
FINALLY!!!!

Beer

My goal of 5.2GHz was achieved @ 1.456 volts (1.448V in BIOS) with a max temp of 88°C. I was "benchmarkable." With that being said, I do plan on stress testing it, seeing if i can get the voltage down, yet still stable enough to benchmark. If it passes a stress test for a couple of hours, I am thinking about making a full tutorial. Please let me know in the comments if you would like to see a tutorial. I have listed my rig's full specifications and a screen shot below. I'm looking forward to any opinions and advice.

Yin Yang

System Specifications:

• Case- Corsair Vengeance C70 

• Case Fans (7 Total)- 
    • 2 Corsair SP140s in a "pull" configuration at the top of the case. 
    • 2 Corsair SP120s configured as intakes at the front of the case.  
    • 2 Corsair SP140s configured as an intake at the bottom. 
    • 1 Corsair SP120 configured as the only exhaust at the rear of the case.

• CPU- i7-7700K 5.2GHz @ 1.456V; Ambient Temp 34°C; 88ish°C Max Temp; No ?�de-lid??/li>

• CPU Cooler- Corsair H115i

• Thermal Paste- Arctic Silver 5

• Motherboard- ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier

• RAM- Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @ 2133MHz

• PSU- Corsair CX750M (750 watt)

Intel XTU Benchmark with HWMonitor Results:

**UPDATE**
I have uploaded my UEFI screen shots. I do not have time at the moment, but eventually I will make another update explaining why I chose to use the values, features that I did, and did not use. I hope this helps in the mean time.

UEFI Screen Shots:

OC Tweaker/CPU Configuration Pt 1:

OC Tweaker/CPU Configuration Pt 2:

OC Tweaker/Voltage Configuration Pt 1:

OC Tweaker/Voltage Configuration Pt 2:

Advanced/CPU Configuration:

H/W Monitor Pt 1

H/W Monitor Pt 2:

H/W Monitor Pt 3:

Edited by JCOC - 12 Mar 2017 at 10:49am

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 3:36am
Excellent result! Thumbs Up

Thanks for posting this and your experience with the Z270 SuperCarrier.

A general tutorial would be great, regarding UEFI/BIOS settings. Although understand that all ASRock boards may not have all the UEFI options that your board has.

I'm glad to see you've used the Intel IXTU program to test your OC. Too many over clockers dismiss it as not worth using, even for stress testing. Personally, I've found it to work very well, and for OC experimentation, it works fine.
JCOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 5:20am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Excellent result! Thumbs Up

Thanks for posting this and your experience with the Z270 SuperCarrier.

A general tutorial would be great, regarding UEFI/BIOS settings. Although understand that all ASRock boards may not have all the UEFI options that your board has.

I'm glad to see you've used the Intel IXTU program to test your OC. Too many over clockers dismiss it as not worth using, even for stress testing. Personally, I've found it to work very well, and for OC experimentation, it works fine.

Not a problem. My goal is to provide an experience for ASRock motherboard users. 

I am currently working on a updating this post with my BIOS screen shots and a simplified tutorial.

I love Intel's XTU software. If provides a good stress factor with out trying to slay your CPU like Prime95

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 5:44am
Originally posted by JCOC JCOC wrote:

If provides a good stress factor with out trying to slay your CPU like Prime95

Trying? Heh, P95 and IBT are cpu killers. Why people continue to use them is beyond me.
JCOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 10:15am
You have a good point wardog . P95 and IBT are not cool. I get a lot of flack online for advising against them. 

JCOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 10:50am
UEFI screen shots have been uploaded 

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 4:08pm
How's that work out for you? An Offset Voltage _and_ LLC?
JCOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:00am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

How's that work out for you? An Offset Voltage _and_ LLC?

Here is 5.0GHz with offset Voltage and LLC level 2. Im working getting the memory at 3333Mhz for the 5.2GHz profile. Then I will stress that OC and see what I get. 

rlkd82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rlkd82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 5:44am
You should reduce multi and turn off avx, your XTU score at 5.2 are lower then mine at 4.9 http://hwbot.org/submission/3488097_

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by rlkd82 - 15 Mar 2017 at 5:45am
JCOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 6:19am
Originally posted by rlkd82 rlkd82 wrote:

You should reduce multi and turn off avx, your XTU score at 5.2 are lower then mine at 4.9 http://hwbot.org/submission/3488097_

Thanks for sharing.

I'm having a hard time completely disabling the AVX offset the closest I can get to is 1 without keeping it on auto. How did you completely disable it if you dont mind me asking?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic