ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 killer Sli "Can't get into bios"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zestefraicheur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zestefraicheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 killer Sli "Can't get into bios"
    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:39am
I have found the solution :
You need to install the ASRock "restart to UEFI" utility, so you can enter UEFI setup again on next startup.
Available here:
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X370%20Killer%20SLI/index.asp#Download
keeent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 12:33am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Your RX 560 is a new video card, right? Did you install its video driver yourself, or if so, was it possibly updated by Windows update? What version of Windows are you using?

Since the RX 560 is a new card, I wonder if its driver is having a problem, causing the the DVI cable to be the primary output that is selected instead of the HDMI output.

Question, are you using one monitor, or do you have another (two) monitor connected to the video card?

I have seen a UEFI setting influence which monitor output is used during POST, when two or more monitors are connected to the video source. That is the CSM option, enabled by default. When it is enabled, the DVI output is used. When it is disabled, the HDMI output is used.

I normally have CSM disabled, but I don't recall any problem with the display of the POST screen when using one monitor.

The card is brand new and I only use 1 monitor.  Windows 10 automatically installed the driver, but then I proceeded to install the latest version myself. But how does this affect my system whenthe Hard Disks are disconnected?

Something strange that I just noticed is that, according to Radeon Settings, the Current Bus Settings are PCI Express 3.0 x8. Confused

Edited by keeent - 26 Jun 2017 at 12:36am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by keeent keeent wrote:

I found a solution to the problem. Actually it's a workaround.

For some reason, when using an HDMI cable, the screen is black until it boots to windows, but when using a DVI cable, the boot screen shows up as expected.
I am not sure if it's caused by the motherboard, the graphics card, or my screen (LG 23MP68VQ-P).

I also updated the bios to the latest release (P2.50), but my system's behavior is the same as before.

I hope this is helpful to others experiencing similar issues.

Your RX 560 is a new video card, right? Did you install its video driver yourself, or if so, was it possibly updated by Windows update? What version of Windows are you using?

Since the RX 560 is a new card, I wonder if its driver is having a problem, causing the the DVI cable to be the primary output that is selected instead of the HDMI output.

Question, are you using one monitor, or do you have another (two) monitor connected to the video card?

I have seen a UEFI setting influence which monitor output is used during POST, when two or more monitors are connected to the video source. That is the CSM option, enabled by default. When it is enabled, the DVI output is used. When it is disabled, the HDMI output is used.

I normally have CSM disabled, but I don't recall any problem with the display of the POST screen when using one monitor.
Denroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:58pm
Same problem here, the only way to start the bios is turn off the pc, turn it on and press f2 ..

With the asrock software and reboot does not work
keeent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:08pm
I found a solution to the problem. Actually it's a workaround.

For some reason, when using an HDMI cable, the screen is black until it boots to windows, but when using a DVI cable, the boot screen shows up as expected.
I am not sure if it's caused by the motherboard, the graphics card, or my screen (LG 23MP68VQ-P).

I also updated the bios to the latest release (P2.50), but my system's behavior is the same as before.

I hope this is helpful to others experiencing similar issues.
keeent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:06pm
Hello everyone,

I have the same problem as well.
The first time I put my parts together, everything worked like a charm. I proceeded to testing with no SSD/HDD on, and accessed UEFI. To my surprise, my RAM was operating at ~2900MHz. I guess I was one of the lucky few.
NOTE: According to CPU-Z, the BIOS version my board is running, is P2.10.

I then proceeded to connect my SSD/HDD drives, and installed Windows. Everything was fine until I decided I wanted to fiddle around with the UEFI settings, maybe try to overclock my CPU a bit, but there is no way to access the UEFI.

I installed "ASRock Restart to UEFI" and restarted my PC, but after restarting it just halts and sends no signal to the screen. I have to shut it down and power it on again to get into windows.

I removed one of the two RAM modules, I used all 4 slots and different slot combos. No luck.

I cleared the CMOS using the jumper, no change except that now my RAM is not operating at ~2900MHz that it was before, but at 2129MHz.

I tried removing the battery, but no luck again...

I disconnected my SSD/HDD drives and tried again, but nothing. No signal is being sent to the screen.

I can get to Windows but not to UEFI. I have to admit, that has never happened to me before.

I am all out of ideas. Is there anything else I can do?

P.S. Here is the list of my parts:
X370 Killer SLI
Ryzen 5 1600
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 CL15 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
RX560 (Planning to upgrade in the near future)

Edited by keeent - 25 Jun 2017 at 6:08pm
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 11:23am
No, I have all fast booting disabled as I'm still setting the PC up.

The reason I can't get in by using the Del key on the keyboard is because the Mobo isn't sending power to the keyboard until after windows boots.

I've tried different USB ports as well and it was working before something changed it.

I'll have time tomorrow to poke it with a stick.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:57am
Using Ultra Fast Boot by chance?
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Flakfired Flakfired wrote:

Hello,

I have been experiencing some issues trying to get into the bios of the Asrock x370 Killer Sli.?
When i start up the pc it goes straight to windows without showing the asrock logo. and while i am in windows and press restart it goes into an endless loop of "no signal"?

What i have tried
  • Spamming f2/delete when booting
  • Restart to eufi tool (no signal loop)
  • Remove cmos (Fixes it for one boot)
  • Remove all usb devices.
  • Checked all psu cables.
Specs:
mobo: Asrock x370 killer sli
cpu: Amd ryzen 1700x
Cooler: Be quiet dark rock 3
ram: Corsair lpx ?16Gb 3000mhz
psu: Evga supernova g2 750 watt
gpu: Evga gtx 1080 SC

I hope that someone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Flak

I'm having this very same problem. I just finished putting the system together and it was working fine for a few hours.

Now Restart to Uefi no longer boots into the Uefi, the Boot Options on the Asrock splash screen aren't there anymore either, and pressing the delete key does not enter the Bios either.

Tomorrow I'll try the removal of 1 stick of ram and see if that does the trick as well.

Other than that and the long boot time (which increased due to a Windows update) the system is working very well.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 1:44pm
http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=DOS8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic