ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 K6 BIOS Setting for Watercooler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:30am
Also, for some reason my RPMs according to bios are the same as the other cooler 1450 RPMS, that can't be the case right?
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:54am
Okay I did all you asked Xaltar, and load temps seem better during gaming, BUT now I'm not so sure if this is normal and I sit right next to my desktop so I hear things in there better than most probably but there's a sort of whirring noise seemingly coming from the radiator or something, is that normal behavior?
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:02am
Seems as though my GPU is making an extremely annoying buzzing noise while under load
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:03am
Oh and also, when I went to corsair Linkn and set the pump on performance mode it seemed to start fluctuating fan speeds really frequently and than when I'd set it to balanced its go back down and stay consistent
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:33am
Okay nevermind, marginal difference in temps, not sure how....but Barely a difference from the other cooler

Edited by Kanty - 23 Mar 2017 at 3:33am
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:05am
>> Seems as though my GPU is making an extremely annoying buzzing noise while under load.
It's probably the fans ramping up. Try a fixed fan rpm of say 70% if it's not too loud.

>>Oh and also, when I went to corsair Linkn and set the pump on performance mode it seemed to start fluctuating fan speeds really frequently and than when I'd set it to balanced its go back down and stay consistent.
The pump has its own profile of quiet and performance. Quiet is >2300 rpm and performance is > 2700 rpm. Whereas the fans/system can be set to quiet, balance and performance.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:06am
Yeah guys, BIOS has me at 1450 RPM on the Water Pump, I feel that isn't full speed because I know this thing has 3000 RPM max. What's the deal?
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:07am
Originally posted by clubfoot clubfoot wrote:

>>
Seems as though my GPU is making an extremely annoying buzzing noise while under load.
It's probably the fans ramping up. Try a fixed fan rpm of say 70% if it's not too loud.

>>Oh and also, when I went to corsair Linkn and set the pump on
performance mode it seemed to start fluctuating fan speeds really
frequently and than when I'd set it to balanced its go back down and
stay consistent.
The pump has its own profile of quiet and performance. Quiet is >2300 rpm and performance is > 2700 rpm. Whereas the fans/system can be set to quiet, balance and performance.

Yeah the Graphics card is sounding annoying but it sounds like a coil whine, it's still working great :) just annoying sound

As for the pump, I'm not noticing much better temps than my previous 120mm cooler, something isn't right...

Edited by Kanty - 23 Mar 2017 at 6:08am
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:09am
Also there's a whirring sound but it sounds like normal operation. I'm idling at around 31 to 32c

Edited by Kanty - 23 Mar 2017 at 6:09am
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Kanty Kanty wrote:

Yeah the Graphics card is sounding annoying but it sounds like a coil whine, it's still working great :) just annoying sound

As for the pump, I'm not noticing much better temps than my previous 120mm cooler, something isn't right...

what's your ambient temp?

Some video cards have that issue :(

Plug your pump directly into an SATA/molex power supply connector and use Link to select the pump speed from quiet to performance.

Edited by clubfoot - 23 Mar 2017 at 6:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic