ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 K6 BIOS Setting for Watercooler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:39am
Originally posted by clubfoot clubfoot wrote:

[URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by Kanty Kanty wrote:

Yeah the Graphics card is sounding annoying but it sounds like a coil whine, it's still working great :) just annoying sound

As for the pump, I'm not noticing much better temps than my previous 120mm cooler, something isn't right...

what's your ambient temp?

Some video cards have that issue :(

Plug your pump directly into an SATA/molex power supply connector and use Link to select the pump speed from quiet to performance.

People have been advising that I plug the pump there but I honestly have no idea what that is. Lol. Explanation? Ambient temp while gaming is about 90-100 degrees.
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:40am
Item #6 in the quick start guide. It's hardwired to the pump, the three pin fan connector picks up rpm (you do not need to connect this connector as Link will read it) and the flat connector is an SATA power supply connector that should be connected directly to the power supply.

Also note that Corsair just released a new version of Link 4.6 which addresses low pump readings. What software are you using to detect the pump rpm?

03/20/2017 - Corsair Link Software Update Version v4.6.0.86

Changelog:
  • Full single-color Vengeance DRAM support (including synced pulse) for Z170/Z270
  • Full Vengeance RGB DRAM support for Z170/Z270
  • X99 support for both items above (Beta)
  • DRAM Timings shown in UI
  • DRAM Part number shown for UI
  • SP RGB Fan support for Lighting Node PRO
  • Addressed issue with H110i that may run pump at lower RPM until software startup
  • Kabylake CPU support

Edited by clubfoot - 23 Mar 2017 at 8:48am
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:54am
Clubfoot, do you have pictures for reference...this is my first time building and assembling.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:18am
Also, is this concerning or just something annoying I'm gonna have to deal with....where I have the radiator installed at the top there kind of this annoying weird whirring sound that gets a bit louder and faster as the fans speed up that are attached to the radiator...is that normal function and just an annoying sound ill have to deal with....the pump is quiet and the fans are a bit loud, but is this just air passing through the radiator or something else I should be concerned over? its keeping everything cool enough.
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:45pm

Clubfoot, do you have pictures for reference...this is my first time building and assembling.

First download link is the quick start guide.
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h100i-v2-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

I just realized I have the SATA power connector built in and you have the motherboard fan header connector :( You will need either get an sata or molex adapter to allow the pump to receive full voltage and amps. Or as the mods suggested your board should have a water cooler power function from the drop down fan menu for the fan header  the pump is connected to.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1340_1418_1427&item_id=027766
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:48pm

Also, is this concerning or just something annoying I'm gonna have to deal with....where I have the radiator installed at the top there kind of this annoying weird whirring sound that gets a bit louder and faster as the fans speed up that are attached to the radiator...is that normal function and just an annoying sound ill have to deal with....the pump is quiet and the fans are a bit loud, but is this just air passing through the radiator or something else I should be concerned over? its keeping everything cool enough.

Which link profile are you using? Balanced with pump at performance, or silent with pump at performance should be good enough for general use,....depending on cpu temps.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:29pm
Pump is on performance at all times, I had the fans on balanced and when things started to get hot there was this whirring sound, I managed to make the whirring a little more tolerable by setting the profile at Quiet...it must just be that I got some noisy fans with my H100i v2. Lucky me :( haha and after playing some games and such I can probably tell about a 4 to 6 degrees difference from the 120mm cooler, I'm not sure if things just had to get warmed up or what. Overall I'm happy with the cooler, except for the noise...it is a bit noises than the 120 mm cooler. I do think I should be getting better temps though, or is 55-65 degrees Celsius what I should be expecting out of it, I still have the pump hooked to the OPT fan header.

Edited by Kanty - 23 Mar 2017 at 1:32pm
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:34pm
Also sorry for the god awful grammar, phones suck. Lol
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:14pm
Sounds like you have it all sorted. Temps are good while gaming, the fan header is operating as it should.
Are you controlling the case fans within the UEFI or Link?
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:19pm
Through link, but I am confused as to why the pump in BIOS is only showing 1400 RPM when I have it set to full power. Also, are the 55-65c temps sound normal for a h100i?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic