ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 K6 BIOS Setting for Watercooler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 3:19pm
Gosh I wish I could tell you exactly, but I'm not entirely sure...I ordered it online custom built as I'm kind of a noob....but I can tell you there is infact air being pushed out of the back of the case which is a corsair 450D
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 3:23pm
I also have 3 Enermax fans set up throughout the case 2 in the front pushing air out and 1 on the top of the case pushing air out.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 3:26pm
Also after about an hour of gaming I tracked the stats of my CPU utilization and Temps

They are...
Recent Maximum 74c
Recent average 65c

Recent Maximum Usage 100%
Recent Average 64%
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 3:27pm
Voltage from what I could tell was around 1.3

Also the Radiator is inside of the case but I'm not sure what exactly that entails as I said before I'm new to this and ordered this all custom made online.

I also apologize for so many different comments, I'm now kind of freaking out over this as I really don't wanna have to mess around and get a whole new water cooler already.

I will however answer any question you ask me to the best of my ability as you are being helpful already, giving me a better idea of where the problem may lie. So thank you :)

Edited by Kanty - 15 Mar 2017 at 3:40pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 5:24pm
There are a lot of theories about what works best for an AIO but generally it depends on the case and fan setup. You can make it work as either exhaust or intake but it takes some tweaking and fan flipping to find what works best with your hardware and case.

Right off the bat though I am seeing a whole lot of extractor fans and not a whole lot of intake. This isn't ideal, while yes you will be pumping out the warm air from the case faster you are also sucking air in through every gap, hole and grill in your case due to the negative pressure inside. Negative pressure is popular with some builders but it has to be within reason. Too much and you run into the situation where you are just spinning fans with not a lot of air getting through them. Even water cooling used air to cool the coolant, air cooling requires air, too much of a vacuum inside your case and you end up with less air going though your radiator. 

I am not going to get any more technical here, this is a highly subjective topic and in many cases the orientation of the radiator fans makes very little difference. In my experience though, this is how I like to set things up:

Radiator as exhaust (pulling air from inside the case and blowing it out of the case):

All front fans as intake, rear fan as exhaust and radiator mounted on the top of the case also as exhaust.

Radiator as intake (pulling air from ouside the case and dumping it inside):

Radiator mounted on the front of the case as intake with at least 1 other fan doing the same, top fans as exhaust, rear fan as exhaust.

Both these setups should perform more or less the same. With the rad intake config your GPU and VRMs may run a little hotter and with the Rad as exhaust your CPU may run a little hotter but in both situations we are talking minimal figures.

What you have now is not properly balanced, it sounds like someone went on to an enthusiast forum and read "negative pressure is best for cooling" and went the whole way with all fans as exhaust. That isn't what negative pressure being best means, it means leaning toward not all out. Fans should always be set up more or less balanced with one maybe 2 (with loads of fans) fans tilting the case pressure to positive or negative. I personally prefer positive pressure, it means less dust buildup in the case.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 8:58pm
So what do you think I should do?
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:22pm
I feel like I should note that on a game like GTA 5 I'm getting temps from the mid 50's to low 60's at around 60% usage as well. Weird.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:41pm
BF1 hammers both the GPU and CPU so higher temps across the board are understandable. 

I gave my two favorite configs in my last post. At the very least I would open up your case and flip the front fans so they pull air into the case Wink
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:13pm
Overwatch Temps are 100 fps with around mid 40's to low 50's temps.
Fallout 4 with V Sync on was at around 50c to 58c.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:15pm
I will try that after work today man and let you know what happens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic